• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for spray can matching paint

Jeff Erwin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
'71 Superbee in GA4. Have some minor damage from brake fluid and minor rust in the trunk. Anyone know where I can find a spraycan of GA4 I can use in the trunk? There must be someone out there that will mix a factory color and put it in a spray can.

Must be...

The NAPA store near me will do that. Poke around some, you’ll find someone. Other case is get some mixed up by a paint supplier and buy a touch up gun. Better spray results.

I've also used Automotive Touchup with good results.
Done it for the convenience, usually you can find someone local offering the same service.
They were not cheap and a bit slow but the color match and product was good.
Used them three times now for various colors.
Dave

A friend over on A Bodies used Automotive Touchup too. Under hood and trunk. Looked great.

I got T5 from these guys.. via Amazon.ca..
1969dartcleanupweek16 001.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek16 008.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek16 018.JPG

1969dartcleanupweek16 024.JPG

I've had a two out of three with Automotive Touch Up. The last order was not sealed properly and leaked. Customer service non existent and never answered emails. They sponsor Hagerty magazine and I let Hagerty know i was not happy. At least Hagerty came back and thanked me for the feedback.

Local automotive paint stores make it. My place goes with a 2-fer offer as it they get a better product, the more volume they mix. I find their tips spray a better pattern than any rattle can tip I have ever used.

Try your local auto paint supply house. They can supply in spray cans. Sprayed my engine compartment. Came out great. Holding up 10 yeard now.

Auto Transport Service
Back