• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for the closest to original pistons for 71 440 Six pack

so, why a factory 10.5:1 piston? is this a 100% restoration only? does it make any difference about what kind of gasoline will be used?
I’m running the TRW forged L2355F pistons that have the 4 valve reliefs in them with 906 heads and the compression ratio comes in at 9:7-1 normally. But with the block and heads resurfaced it’s actual CR is more like 10 or 10:1-1 using the stock Fel Pro steel head gasket.
The pistons are level with the deck. The weight is close to the factory cast pistons.

2355 work well and a fair price

IVE READ THAT THE 2355 PISTON WAS MODELED AFTER THE 71 6PK PISTON. I ONCE TORE DOWN A 69 6 PK MOTOR THAT HAD SPUN A ROD- IT WAS A 71K MOTOR THAT HAD NEVER BEEN TORE APART. THE FACTORY PISTONS WERE PROBABLR .002 DOWN IN THE HOLE. I AGREE WITH FM3 DART. IN ADDITION, MY FRIENDS 71 ROADRUNNER FACTORY 6PK WITH ORIGINAL MOTOR, NEVER APART HAS 906 HEADS- DON'T KNOW IF THATS AN EARLY BUILD THING OR NOT

The 69 A12 engines were the same as 440 magnum of the same year with some extra attention paid to the internals. Same piston 10:1-1 CR flat top, no valve recesses.
In ‘70 they went to the wide beam rods and 10.5:1 CR pistons with the 4 valve recesses on ALL 440 6bbl & 4bbl magnum engines. Advertised CR dropped to 10:2-1 for ‘71, otherwise same as ‘70.

Last edited:
I can tell you that mine with 7cc valve relief, .017 down the hole, .039 felpro 80cc Stealth CNC heads, Isky 292 mega cam [email protected] and a holly 750. I can run great on 12 deg initial and 24 more centrifuAl on 91. If I wanna lead foot it I take 2 degrees out. Otherwise it has a very light ping Right at the top of second.

I can tell you that mine with 7cc valve relief, .017 down the hole, .039 felpro 80cc Stealth CNC heads, Isky 292 mega cam [email protected] and a holly 750. I can run great on 12 deg initial and 24 more centrifuAl on 91. If I wanna lead foot it I take 2 degrees out. Otherwise it has a very light ping Right at the top of second.
Sounds like a solid but simple combo. I bet it runs well.

Sounds like a solid but simple combo. I bet it runs well.
I still want to dyno it and do some jetting and timing under load. But i'm pretty satisfied so far.

Auto Transport Service
Back