• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to resto-mod my 440 magnum sleeper

Paul Rogers

Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Hello.
I have a 68 that is all original with a handful over 100k miles. I am looking to restore it and do some mods both. The usuall, go disc all around and tweak the motor up a few horses.
Maybe dump it down on a custom wheelset, and go leather in place of vinyl?

Any thoughts?

I am in nor cal and wondered if anyone out there had a recommendation near me.

I have had this car since I was in high school and it means the world to me as I popped my cherry in the back seat with a girl named peggy sue, and I ain't makin' this shyte up.
I found out 20 years later that it wasn't her 1st time and had to laugh, cuz I knew she was lying but never really cared. and she waited 20 years to tell me, thinking she'd hurt my feelings, is that not adorable?
Anyway, I need to get my casanova mobile rolling again here as there's a pretty good chance me and soon to be divorced ol' peggy sue are going to bump our nasties in my fastback once again.

Welcome from the coast south of you. Its your car, do it how YOU want. If anyone gives you grief over what you have planned, they can always buy if from you and make it to their vision. Look up Kerndog, he's somewhat in your hood.

You will be in "Good Company" with KD.

'68 what? Show us some pictures of the Casanova mobile.

Welcome from Missouri!! I'd recover that cherry stain in the back seat if I were you too, sounds like a Kardashian story to me!!! LOL

And make sure there's lots of "brown chicken, brown cow" music playing while you are at the lake watching the "submarine races".

Welcome to FBBO
from a Lil' South & East of you, NorCal Sierras, Tuolomne Co.

make sure to check out the
Resto-Mod & Pro-Touring forum section
maybe even the Racers Hangout forum too
both should be right up your alley

maybe also start a build thread, in Members Projects & Restoration
or Maybe in the year & body style specific forum sections

Last edited:
Maybe its a troll...No responses. Doesn't make sense.

Auto Transport Service
Back