• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like I need more garage space

Potshot

Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
This site's been helpful with the 67 Charger I purchased from a friend.
Unfortunately my friend has passed, but he's also left me his 1969 300 440, which should be in similar, rust free condition after spending close to 30 years in dry storage.
I hope to get pictures soon, but I'm trying to figure out whether it would be cheaper to transport this along with all of the tools and spares, or to get this one running (and stopping) well enough to pull a small U-Haul 1600 miles.

If anyone can recommend a mechanic near the Twin Cities Minnesota that could gently wake this car up once spring comes around I'm all ears.

Here's a shot of the Charger on the day I picked it up since I don't have any pics of the 300 just yet.

Screenshot_20230211-132539.png

It would cost you $400-500 in gas plus the rental on a u-hual. Plus hotel fees.
All the rubber parts should be replaced after 30 years.

It's true, and transporting a non runner will cost $1000-1500, not counting the fees tacked on for shipping the other gear.. It's probably close.

30 years in storage, I wouldn't chance it without replacing all brake parts, fuel system parts and fluids at a minimum. It's going to be cheaper to trailer it yourself or hire a transport company. Great finds though!

Cool finds, congrats, should be fun
good recommendations here so far too
good luck with them

Im sorry for your loss and good luck with the other car.I would trailer back home if it was me.

Im sorry for your loss and good luck with the other car.I would trailer back home if it was me.
Yeah, the wife and I are in discussion about a truck upgrade since my Taco wouldn't be up for that. I think we need something because of the number of projects I have and it's pretty much a given I need one. She just wants a big dually with a manual shift. We do what we must.

It would probably be cheaper and easier to have it shipped to you. Where are you starting and stopping?

I'm a believer in covered transportation. Near Twin Cities Minnesota to Brevard County Florida is around 1,700 miles. A long, time consuming drive. Bite the bullet and ship it.

Auto Transport Service
Back