• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loose rear view mirror

diesel_lv

Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
1967 Coronet. Does anyone know how to add friction to the rear view mirror? I looked all over for some kind of set screw, no luck. When I accelerate at a normal pace, the mirror swings and I'm constantly readjusting it. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a fixed post with just a ball & socket in the back or a joint at the top as well?

1967 Coronet. Does anyone know how to add friction to the rear view mirror? I looked all over for some kind of set screw, no luck. When I accelerate at a normal pace, the mirror swings and I'm constantly readjusting it. Thanks in advance.
Do you have a pic of the type you have?

I've tightened the ball sockets on outside door mirrors with blue locktite before. I added a few drops and adjusted the mirror to where I want it and let it dry up. It is still able to be adjusted too but tighter.

The inside mirror on my 71 charger was doing that. Put a small piece of electrical tape on ball and it has been great since

Thanks for all the replies. I have the one piece with just a ball. I will try removing it and looking for the "hidden" screw.

Thanks for all the replies. I have the one piece with just a ball. I will try removing it and looking for the "hidden" screw.
The tensioning screws are on the top of the mounting plate where it mounts to the roof. If it's a one piece arm with a ball/socket at the back of the mirror that method wouldn't apply.

Auto Transport Service
Back