• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost keys

Skatpak

Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
What does a person do that has a car without keys? The ignition is easy but what about the rest of the car? Also need a new used trunk lock assy and how would that get keyed to the rest of the car that there are no keys for???

Having a similar issue, lol. Not to hijack. I have ignition key and door keys but lost my trunk key. I don't want to cut into the trunk divider to open the trunk lock... Is there a more elegant way of doing this?

I believe the glove box uses the same key as the trunk? Perhaps a locksmith can make a key from it.

This is in the 66-67 Charger area, so I may be off a bit. On my 67 Coronet, ignition is stand alone. Doors and trunk use same key. Mine still have the original keys my Great Grandmother got w the car.
As for @jmbass98 , if your door key doesn't open the trunk and you are positive you need to replace the lock cylinder, you can drill it out then turn it w a screwdriver. Then remove it and have a locksmith key the new one the same as door key.

Never tried it on a car but did successfully on other locks…lock pick set. First time I used it took a good while, but stayed with thinking I’ve watched this being done dammit. Worked after getting the hang of it.

I lost my keys on a 66 charger. I ended up drilling out the trunk cylinder. As Ron H said….picking it would be better IF you can do it. I ended up buying and installing a replacement set for ignition,doors,trunk. All operate with the same key.…….this time I got some copies

I lost my keys on a 66 charger. I ended up drilling out the trunk cylinder. As Ron H said….picking it would be better IF you can do it. I ended up buying and installing a replacement set for ignition,doors,trunk. All operate with the same key.…….this time I got some copies
Lol, when I finally finagled the lock open what a sense of accomplishment. Felt like I was king spy for the day; maybe the moment. Longer story, my nut-case aunt (seriously got deranged) and seriously wealthy had moved in to an apartment near us I hunted for finding one to her satisfaction. She wanted to be closer to my mother. Then after two-weeks she went back to live with a relative back where she was from out of state while looking for a place to move back there. She wanted some documents from her file cabinet having the keys telling me to bust the cabinet open, destroy it if ya have to. WDF? My kid had a lock pick set borrowing it to get it open. She also had cash in it asking me to confirm the amount. ******* old bitch says there was more cash in there than I counted telling me to look again. That royally pissed me off after all the hoops I jumped through helping her sorry *** out over and over. Later she finds SHE had taken the missing money and didn’t apologize. When she croaked off, I wasn’t too upset…in fact think I opened up a beer saying good riddance..

Auto Transport Service
Back