• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost! My late Mother's 1968 Dodge Charger HELP

Keep digging, I bought my GTS in 1981 from the original owner. Sold it and wish I never had. Came back to me in 2020 as a Father’s Day gift from one of my sons.

Cliff Ramsdell
IMG_5712.jpeg

Day I bought it, 1981
IMG_4415.jpeg

Still a kid, 1983/1984
IMG_4467.jpeg

1995 ish, stashed in the garage.
IMG_4410.jpeg

2020, back home.

My car almost fits the description of the car you seek info on. Mine started it's life in the same green as the one in your pic except mine had a dark green vinyl top and green interior. I don't have any info as to who bought it new either but I got it from Mississippi in 2014. Mine was a 383 auto car with full wheel hub caps. As was mentioned, no SE Chargers in 68 and if you ever come up with a VIN, the best place to check would be the 1968 Charger Registry. Maybe someone registered it.

It's a long shot but being a small town perhaps you can get your parents car tax records.

I would try the DMV in the county your folks would have registered it.
Before anyone says they can't hand out that info ..... I know that.
If that charger got registered in a small county court house you may find some help if you go in person.
Large county , multiple clerks forget it.
Sometimes small town clerks wil surprise you. Worst they can do is tell you no.
Good luck.
Well unfortunately, that would have been Lee County, Iowa, the only county in the entire United States with TWO seperate county seats and courthouses, a north and a south. Almost like they're still stuck in Civil War mode. Ours would have been the south one, but I know for a fact they do NOT keep records back that far. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Auto Transport Service
Back