• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost my trunk medallion!!!

vintagetin

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
It was starting to come off, so I popped it off and set it in the car. Was in Windsor Canada today and I wanted to take some pictures of it with the Detroit sky line in the back round so I set the medallion back on the trunk. I then drove away and forgot I put it back there so it's long gone. PISS!!! Looked online and some loonies are asking $1000 for it!! WHAT? You can't be serious? Does anyone know if the aftermarket ones are decent? Or do they just rust, and peal and fall apart in a few months like every other after market piece. Does anyone know where I can find a decent one for a non ridiculous price?

Thanks,
-Dev

I might have an extra one laying around.I'll let you know when I get home in the next couple days.

You can't backtrack and maybe find it??

66 & 67 are the same. You'll need the chrome and fratzog I assume.

I have one if beardon can't find his.
It will need rechroming and you'll have to find the center fratzog, but you can have it.

PM me if it comes to that

Thanks guys. I just lost the pot metal part. Mine wasn't perfect, and it's not going to be a show car. It's just a driver.

Thank you very much ODZKing! That is awesome. I'll hang in there a little while to see what jbearden finds. Really appreciate the help.

It would be hard to back track because I could have lost it in the Detroit/Windsor tunnel..and you cannot stop in there. And I'll bet money that it has already been run over a few dozen times. :( My stupidity really. I hate loosing NOS parts. It hurts my guts to know a 50 year old factory piece is lost forever.

someone picked it up has it on ebay

It was starting to come off, so I popped it off and set it in the car. Was in Windsor Canada today and I wanted to take some pictures of it with the Detroit sky line in the back round so I set the medallion back on the trunk. I then drove away and forgot I put it back there so it's long gone. PISS!!! Looked online and some loonies are asking $1000 for it!! WHAT? You can't be serious? Does anyone know if the aftermarket ones are decent? Or do they just rust, and peal and fall apart in a few months like every other after market piece. Does anyone know where I can find a decent one for a non ridiculous price?

Thanks,
-Dev

i have one in nice driver condition,and the back pins are perfect,,$50. plus shipping,thank you miroir 003.jpg

Thanks,
-Dev
I know how you feel,i did the exact same thing with a mint never used 1964 worlds fair plate for my polara, rested on my plate that was mounted to take pictures.Was destrated by someone admiring my car b.s for like 20 min. and got in my car and drove off:eek:ops: i was sick for days....JOHN

Auto Transport Service
Back