• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love my Super Sawzall but.....

I have had the same M18 Saw for about 9 years still works great as do the batteries. M-18 for me I have used the Ryobi that my coworker has its a decent little saw but The M-18 weighs as much as its corded counterpart. I like the added weight to help it pull through the material.

Oh yeah, I also have an M18 weed eater.
Plenty of power for homeowner type work but not good enough for professional jobs. With the BS all electric and battery electric mandates coming here in CA, it will be a pathetic replacement for a 2 stroke gas-oil weed eater. It overheats under heavy use and shuts off. Changing the battery helps but then the new battery heats up even faster since the tool is already hot.

Oh yeah, I also have an M18 weed eater.
Plenty of power for homeowner type work but not good enough for professional jobs. With the BS all electric and battery electric mandates coming here in CA, it will be a pathetic replacement for a 2 stroke gas-oil weed eater. It overheats under heavy use and shuts off. Changing the battery helps but then the new battery heats up even faster since the tool is already hot.
Yeah but it'll knock the back window out of a Charger without breaking a fishing line.....

Ha...that was NOT the cordless weed eater that I was using at the time.

I got a Porter-Cable set as a gift a couple years ago. I love the versatility. The sawzall has become my favorite. The drill-driver, circular saw also have been put to good use. Yes, if it's a tough job i'll have to bring out my electric Milwaukee sawzall.

Makita 18 Volt is my weapon of choice when it comes to demolition. Sure, the battery is affected by vibration, but I have cut plenty of tree branches and root systems to know this machine is worth its weight in gold. I would rather change a battery than spend 4 times as long with a manual saw.

:xscuseless:

20230323_201834.jpg

20230323_201958.jpg

I have more than 30 different Makita 18 Volt battery tools in my arsenal now. :p Just going through my list to keep my 5-year warranty updated.

I hate Milwaukee with a passion, and over here Ryobi is considered suitable only for the doddery old home handyman - not for serious workmanship.

I’m on the dewalt wagon- it just kind of happened.

The 3/8 impact gun is life changing!!!!

And the ability to use the sawzall 250’ from the house in an instant is great!

Makita 18 Volt is my weapon of choice when it comes to demolition. Sure, the battery is affected by vibration, but I have cut plenty of tree branches and root systems to know this machine is worth its weight in gold. I would rather change a battery than spend 4 times as long with a manual saw.

:xscuseless:

View attachment 1437990

View attachment 1437991

I have more than 30 different Makita 18 Volt battery tools in my arsenal now. :p Just going through my list to keep my 5-year warranty updated.

I hate Milwaukee with a passion, and over here Ryobi is considered suitable only for the doddery old home handyman - not for serious workmanship.
Had a Makita mitre saw that impressed me. Did all the inside trim in my house with it but the wife claimed it was hers and took it when she left. Odd that the few tools she wanted were useless to her as she rented a town house to live in but shortly after the divorce, my step daughter ended up with all of it which I'm ok with. Anyways, also have a Makita skill saw which is also nice but is corded which is fine since I don't do much working with wood anymore. Have no complaints with my Milwaukee Super Sawzall that's probably over 30 years old now and used to use it a lot and in many heavy duty situations.

Ryobi years ago were junk imo but the ones I have now are waaaay better and I really like the drill motor. Don't think I've had anything larger than a 3/8" bit in it yet but it did what I needed to do and did well and the torque it has using sockets surprised me. It's not a heavy duty impact gun but I didn't by it for that....bought it for a drill motor but found it very useful for the smaller nut and bolt jobs too. So far I have 3 Ryobi battery tools with a small leaf blower that I bought to blow out the shop and carport and do light outside touch up jobs and also have have the smaller weed eater to also do touch up work where I don't really want to use bigger Stihl FS 55. The Stihl will do some serious damage to stuff where the battery job won't. So far I'm pleased with the 3 Ryobi products I have and threw away the ancient ones. The old Ryobi drill motor was a pile from the time I got it lol

I liked Dewalt up until our company bought 3 hammer drills and each one failed within a year. Plastic gears stripped and the drills were just junk. Then my boss bought the Blue ryobis for everyone and they worked ok until battery failure. Then you just buy a new drill to replace the battery because the cost was not much different between a drill kit and a single battery. We ended up having like 6 drills 6 sawsalls, 6 skilsaws and 6 flash lights. lol Ryobi got a little better with the yellow green tools. I used to really like my Makita tools too.

I love mine. It was such a pain before when I had to find a socket to plug into when on the hunt for cat converters.

I love mine. It was such a pain before when I had to find a socket to plug into when on the hunt for cat converters.
Yeah man and hauling around that generator was no fun either…

:rofl:

Since I’m at Lowe’s a lot , I decided I would try the kobalt 20v brushless tools. I’ve had their compact style sawzall about a year and a half. No problems ,plenty of power and I use it a lot. It’s great for cutting/ trimming smaller limbs around the property Among many other things.

I have a Ryobi reciprocating saw (older blue version) that got WAY more useful with the newer lithium 18+ batteries. Fits in my 18" jyard toolbox, and I can walk into a jyard and have a floor+rocker or quarter cut off in no time.

Im still using my Craftsman corded one. Damn thing got to be over 40yrs old. Bought an old Milwaukee for 10 bucks as a backup just in case

I have Dewalt and Milwaukee corded saws but now after having the M18 sawzall and the M12 hackzall I seldom use the corded saws anymore.

I have Dewalt and Milwaukee corded saws but now after having the M18 sawzall and the M12 hackzall I seldom use the corded saws anymore.
I'm the same way unless I have a lot of hard work to do and in the shop or at least close to it. I had quite of few 1" holes to drill in several 2x6's an didn't want to try and kill my battery operated drill motor with a 1" spade bit so I tried to kill my 30 year old Craftsman DM instead.....but didn't succeed. Probably not going to buy a battery operated Sawzall though because just don't have much of a use for one anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back