• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower Control Arm Dissasembly

Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
I have evry thign off but the camed socket that hold the torsin bar. I have the factory manual but it dosen't show how to remove it.

the cammed socket (torsion bad adjuster) is part of the lower control arm - it does not get removed.

If what you're asking is if the piece that the torsion bar slips in to can be removed from the lower control arm, it can't be removed.

Maybe I shoulda said it isn't SUPPOSED to be removed. A flaming wrench and a BFH can take just about anything apart

Thanks for the info. I guess I will just leave it as is and do my best to freshen it up. I was looking at a CAP products lower control arms, but I already have to Magnum Force for upper A arms and I don't think that the 400 hundred extra dollars is going to give me more performance, just bling factor only. Any tips on how to restore this part to perform better.

Youngster? I'm fittin ta be 53

I'm just not fluent in ebonics:rolling:

Auto Transport Service
Back