Lower Control Arm Pivot Shaft

Brakes, Steering & Suspension

1. gz21

gz21 Active Member

Local Time:
    1:02 AM
    I installed new Proforged bushing and PST pivot shafts into my lower control arms. I forgot to take a picture of the pivot shafts before I removed them and it has been a few weeks/months since I toke them out.

Does the bushing get pressed on all the way up to the shoulder on the pivot shaft? The only reason I am asking is since the inner sleeve does not extend all the way up to the shoulder. I stopped pressing them in at the edge of the inner sleeve because I couldn't remember.

I did search the forums and read lots of posts about lower control arms, but couldn't find the answer.
    IMG_0915[1].JPG

2. dadsbee

dadsbee FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:02 AM
    Looks about right..
    beerestoration2015-2016 1705.JPG

3. R/T Boy 67

R/T Boy 67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    Normally poly bushings push on up to the shoulder. The thickness of the bushing flange makes me think that it should. If the bushing flange is aproximately 9/16" thick then it needs to go on up to the shoulder.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • gz21

gz21 Active Member

Local Time:
      The flange on the poly bushing is just under 9/16".

I never thought of the fact that the rubber bushing was flush with the lower control arm and the poly bushing sticks out of the lower control arm. Now, it makes sense that the space between the bushing and the shoulder of the pivot shaft is only for rubber bushings.

Thank you!

• Meep-Meep

Meep-Meep дворянин

Local Time:
      I just use the OEM bushings and shafts. The large diameter flange part of the shaft does not contact the bushing. The above pics look correct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.