• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LQQKING for advise on SUPERBIRD parts

hemi_harvester

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
I.m going to call in a FAKE Superbird cause I can't bring myself to call it a clone or a tributite or whatever makes people feel better.

I have a 69 RR non a/c body w/4speed hump and 26" radiator opening and not much else. I also have a 70 Coronet 500 w/ buckets etc and i have the rear clip of a 70 Satellite so I have a starting point.

my plan is to build it with as many correct parts as possiable, how ever I am on a budget too.

So who makes the best/ passable parts? I can't afford the perfect concorse stuff but I don't want fake looking junk either.

I want to start with the hood cap and front fender extentions.

also does someone make the trim/ lower rear window trim?

what about window plug ?

Janak stuff is crap...I did our Daytona with his parts..very poor fit and quality.

My 2 cents worth

Gee, maybe I read his post wrong..........

Did he say "best / passable?" ...........or was it expensive / concours..........

I know a lot of guys who have had great results from Janak parts, and they don't break the bank. :HappyNewYear:

why cut up a 69 rr to put a 70 rear clip on? look for a 70 satellite,seen all over for good prices! less work and save a true road runner .

Because there isn't much to cut up. Car has good frame rails, rockers, and door openings and not much else. Needs 1/4s, rear glass, doors, roof, front inner fenders and all exterior front sheet metal. There is NO interior, just a column, stg whl, 1 seat and a roll bar. Abandoned drag car.

I'm building my wife a Superbird clone. We're using a 70 Satellite and mostly Dayclona parts. Dayclona parts are a little more expensive but they're very nice and will hold up well. To do the back glass correctly with a steel plug, real glass and altered moldings, you're looking at around 4k. You can build the nose assembly using a fiberglass cone and doors and steel headlamp parts for around 4k to 4.5k You will need the fender scoops and a-pillar trim as well.
And, of course a wing. By the time you've bought good quality parts, you'll easily be out 10k or more. Be very careful as to what fiberglass parts you use. Some of them are total crap.
I was lucky enough to find an original wing. You can still find one every once in a while for 3k.
Building a wing car is a great idea. I'm also building a Daytona clone for myself.

was going to do one but the economy canceled it for me. i have a mint hood ready to paint and bolt on, if interested.

rear wing

Hemi Harvester,
if interested there is an original rear wing for sale either on this forum in the parts for sale or the a-bodies only in the for parts for sale forum.

CAL

Auto Transport Service
Back