• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Machine shop recommendations for Chicago NW Burbs?

zombezoo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Glenview IL.

Simple online search !!!!!!

Hughesengines. Com

Been in the Mopar Trade 49 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington Illinois ………

Opel Engineering is the absolute best. They are in Streamwood

Been involved with machine shops over half century. Experienced the good, the bad, and the ugly. Personal reference is the best indicator, from what I've encountered. Unfortunately, the guys from my generation have slowly diminished. I've always had the greatest respect and admiration for a good, quality machinist. To me, they are the Einsteins of the auto industry.

Simple online search !!!!!!

Hughesengines. Com

Been in the Mopar Trade 49 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington Illinois ………
I did a search! :) Hughes satellite and a hughes machine shop in las Vegas NV were top results...
Thanks for the website, I will check this and the other place out. Appreciated all!

Second Opel Engineering, which I had sonic check a few engine blocks and pressurized one (which passed). I wasn’t quite ready for the rebuilding of an engine at the time and have since moved. Several friends did have their engines built there and had very good results. Hope this helps.

Full Boar Enterprises up here in Dodgeville Wi. They do EVERYTHING and have for a long time, and recently invested in more state of the art equipment.

Opel is the place to go for local Mopar machine shop work.

Auto Transport Service
Back