• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum xe/gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnumguy

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a 78 Magnum GT with t-tops or factory moonroof. Preferably running/driving condition.

Also looking for NOS parts for same.

PM me or email me ~ Magnum guy at frog net dot net

Thanks

I had a Magumn GT new. T-Tops with Black leather seats. I think you will find that most of the Magumn GT's out there will really throw you for a loop, no pun intended. It should be easy to tell a GT by looking at it because it was SUPPOSED TO HAVE and engine turned dash BEZEL, GT EMBLEMS and the wheel centers were supposed to have GT instead of XE. I never seen one with the GT wheel centers.
Most did NOT. I can't explaine nor did Chrysler ever do so.
I sold these cars new.

Mine as most had the XE emblems as well as the wood grain dash bezel.
Mine was sold in Tennessee.

My brother in law had one two tone Sliver/Black Silver on top which was a T-Top it had the GT emblems and engined turned dash bezel. But it did not have the GT wheel centers. His was purchased in Texas.

So be advised you will find many GT Magumns with the XE enblems and wood grain dash bezel from the factory.
We even got some in with Cordoba rear seats and the Chrysler emblem in the steering wheel. These cars were built very shabby and many had miss matched parts between the Charger and Cordoba. They did not sell very well and had all kinds of problems LEAN BURN ENGINES, some had 2:45 axels, brakes would wear out quickly, tranny problems and etc. But during 78 all the Mopars had these problems. It wasn't a good year at all. But it was back in the good ole days.............

Oh, I've seen about all of it. Been messing with these since the mid 80's !

What is this GT centercap? I thought all GT's came with the same centercap as the SuperC/Kitcar wheels?

Got pictures of those Magnums? Since you sold them back in "the day", you see any odd-ball Magnums, like the "44 Magnum, MagnumForce, St. Regis Magnum?

I know a guy near you who has 3 Magnums. Lives in Sevierville

Looking for a 78 Magnum GT with t-tops or factory moonroof. Preferably running/driving condition.

Also looking for NOS parts for same.

PM me or email me ~ Magnum guy at frog net dot net

Thanks

Between you and that damn Tired Old Rebel
I will not rest till I have a Magnum of my own

Thanks
Thanks alot

I had a 78 Magnum GT with the 400 engine, factory tach and engine turned dash bezel, original wheels (not sure about the emblem though), etc. It was triple tan (not sure which tan but it was tan). I had bought it for a few bucks in or about 1992. It had been sitting under a tree in someone back yard for a bit before I found it but a good compounding and sprucing up and it was good as new. I sold it a few years later for a few more bucks. I think I have a few misc parts at my parents house. I know that I have a set of factory Body & Electrical repair manuals in near perfect condition. Let me see what I have and I post list & pics.

At the same time, my cousin had a white 79 Magnum XE with T-tops. His was originally a 318 but we soon transplanted a 340 into it and all was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back