• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making N96 Super Bee hood

Beechwood45789

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone here cut a 1968 coronet flat hood to fit 69 ramcharger ductwork? I've been looking at pictures of the bracing for real N96s and if I'm not missing something obvious, it looks like you can just trim the triangular sections up and drill the holes needed for the scoops. Anybody have personal experience on the subject?

Might find these useful....

69 70 dodge scoop layout.jpg

69 70 dodge scoop layou 2t.jpg

Yup.. I did it on my 68. Piece of cake. Now, I didn't get the duct work to channel the air into the carb, but just the scoops. I still have the templates, if you're interested.
20210417_113805.jpg

Bottom skin of real n96 hood is shaped different.....top is same

Wow. I thought the “slots” were narrow on the Plymouth.

You can definitely add the scoops that is not an issue..... What is an issue if you want to have a correctly contoured Hood underneath then they are different I have compared and original n96 to like Wayne's to a flat Hood had both here at the same time and they are different and the difference is how the duct work is shaped to fit the hood properly

You can definitely add the scoops that is not an issue..... What is an issue if you want to have a correctly contoured Hood underneath then they are different I have compared and original n96 to like Wayne's to a flat Hood had both here at the same time and they are different and the difference is how the duct work is shaped to fit the hood properly

Yes I've gathered that much, what I'm trying to figure out is if it is a total waste of time or not to modify the flat hoods bracing to accept the ductwork. Surely if it was possible someone here has done it.

What I've read but haven't personally confirmed is most 69 hoods do have the proper bracing but 68 hoods do not.... Kinda makes sense, why have a different structure when one can work in either application...

Have one for sale.

listed on eBay. I don’t ship but I’d HEAVILLY discount it if a FBBO member picked it up local

Is that hood shown a '69 or '70?? Notice how it has a center reinforce web, my '69 OE doesn't.

I have no idea, I saved the pictures years ago when someone else posted them... Was a time I was considering putting scoops on my 68 but I decided since they never came on a 68 I was gonna keep the correct bulge hood...

I'm in the Dallas area. If you are located in Maryland as your profile says I'm SOL

Just let me know if you're ever this way maybe for Carlisle or something.

Listed for $1000 but I'd go $500 w no shipping or delivered to Carlisle to any Forum member.

v4vU7yImPfvEAxIw39Fs0Z5g7ol_XyujTGkeLKRp64FDFnuYLfhuYZV_1C46jzaajT2E8tnv=w712-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

Ok I think I'm onto something here. I remembered I have a junk 69 flat hood so I went and looked at it and while yes, the bracing between 68 and 69 are definitely different, it looks like the only difference between a 69 flat hood and a N96 is that the N96 is cut away a bit in the triangular sections. It does have the embossed area in the top left, and recessed part for the lever and cable. Now comparing this to a 68 hood, I think this will work if I patch in the aforementioned areas to the 68 bracing. Just so happens that those two areas on my rotted out 69 hood are still good.

20220125_181127.jpg 20220125_180808.jpg 20220125_180855.jpg

Your car looks perfect. I definitely could use the templates if you do not need them.

Thanks man. The templates - new - go about $40. I'll sell you mine for $20. I have to find them first.
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back