• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man arrested for working on his car.

bull ****

This is ridiculous. It reminds me of a country song that sais " I was here first, this is my piece of dirt, and your ramblin' don't rattle me" The last place I lived at it was a roomate situation of all mechanics and all of us had several cars. We got a codes letter that said we had to park all vehicles in the garage and driveway, none in the street. So, by god we got 7 cars in the two car garage and 2 car drive way. The codes guy came back out and gave us a ticket for improperly parked vehicles?!! It's all bull **** laws, put in place to make money for the government. The neighbor went around with a petition to make us move out, and only one person signed it because we fixed most of the neighbors cars for free or cheap. I've since moved out to the country where it doesn't matter what the hell I have in the yard. I have one nosy neighbor that lives across the street, every time I leave the gate open I see him taking pictures of the cars I got in the back yard. He called codes and they came out and we talked and he said as long as everything is behind the fence I'm good. So now when I see him out taking pics of my ****, I go out side and take pics of him taking pics of my ****. So if he tries to pull any more **** I'll try and get him for harassment. I call codes on him every time his grass gets a little long. I don't generally get mad I just try and get even.

When my cars were stolen, we had a guy in the city who put up an eight foot fence around his yard. Front to back, side to side, all the way to the curb. Now that really looks out of place, but the city doesn't bother him.

Have a neighbor 3 doors up I do not know or speak to. Large lots. I know my immediate neighbors well and we help each other out.
The one 3 doors up had a Army surplus tent (think MASH size in his front yard and a boat parked there for 6 months.
I finally called the city to complain.
His back yard is full of stuff. Cars, tractors, a pole barn 2x the size of any of our housed. Some more tents, another boat and RV. Stuff fallin down, and piled against the pole building and other vehicles.
All well and good until he left the MASH unit and another boat on the front yard.

After 6 months I had to call. Just not ready for the front to look like the junk yard he has in his back yard.

I have one nosy neighbor that lives across the street, every time I leave the gate open I see him taking pictures of the cars I got in the back yard. He called codes and they came out and we talked and he said as long as everything is behind the fence I'm good. So now when I see him out taking pics of my ****, I go out side and take pics of him taking pics of my ****. So if he tries to pull any more **** I'll try and get him for harassment. I call codes on him every time his grass gets a little long. I don't generally get mad I just try and get even.
Had a neighbor like that....took pics and video any time any one came over figuring they were delivering parts etc so I stated taking pics of him....late at night aiming into his patio doors and with a very large flash! That was on a Friday and on Monday, he had a fence company come out and put up a nice new cedar fence between us lol

I am a small town boy in Central NY and we have had such rules for the last 20 years. Most all of us probably have local ordinances we are unaware of and the issue is usually selective enforcement (yard sale permits, unregistered vehicles outside enclosed structures, repairs beyond basic maintenance, etc.) Seems like too many times the laws are just a replacement for common sense. A few weeks ago, I saw 2 guys replacing a starter in a WalMart PL using a mini floor jack I wouldn't use to lift a lawnmower. No one bothered them although the liability potential was downright scary. However, years ago, I was out of town in my beater 69 Coronet and needed a voltage regulator. I stopped to a NAPA to get a "trusty" Echlin mechanical unit and when I started the major project of replacing the unit in their PL, a manager came out and told me to leave. Being twenty something, I replied with a "Call the cops, I'll be done before they get here!" and I was (if they ever were called)

Common Sense Rules

I am a small town boy in Central NY and we have had such rules for the last 20 years. Most all of us probably have local ordinances we are unaware of and the issue is usually selective enforcement (yard sale permits, unregistered vehicles outside enclosed structures, repairs beyond basic maintenance, etc.) Seems like too many times the laws are just a replacement for common sense. A few weeks ago, I saw 2 guys replacing a starter in a WalMart PL using a mini floor jack I wouldn't use to lift a lawnmower. No one bothered them although the liability potential was downright scary. However, years ago, I was out of town in my beater 69 Coronet and needed a voltage regulator. I stopped to a NAPA to get a "trusty" Echlin mechanical unit and when I started the major project of replacing the unit in their PL, a manager came out and told me to leave. Being twenty something, I replied with a "Call the cops, I'll be done before they get here!" and I was (if they ever were called)

Have a neighbor 3 doors up I do not know or speak to. Large lots. I know my immediate neighbors well and we help each other out.
The one 3 doors up had a Army surplus tent (think MASH size in his front yard and a boat parked there for 6 months.
I finally called the city to complain.
His back yard is full of stuff. Cars, tractors, a pole barn 2x the size of any of our housed. Some more tents, another boat and RV. Stuff fallin down, and piled against the pole building and other vehicles.
All well and good until he left the MASH unit and another boat on the front yard.

After 6 months I had to call. Just not ready for the front to look like the junk yard he has in his back yard.

I,m with ya. dont care whats out back but keep the front neat.

I have a copy of all the city codes for the 'storage' of 'stuff' outside lol. It's a pretty long list but the city doesn't go around looking into people's back yards unless someone complains. Storage of tires have to be on a slab and under some kind of a shelter (that's another subject) whether or not they are mounted on wheels or not....and the list goes on.

Auto Transport Service
Back