• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Map and glove box light 1969 RR

DustyR

Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
I have 1969 RR. Map light and glove box light does not work. Changed the bulbs, checked fuses and still nothing.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank ya

Check the grounding. Check the connection at the light socket and trace it back to the fuse panel and make sure its connected properly. Use a multi meter to verify continuity.

^^^^^this^^^^^ what @Chargerjase said. Also check the sockets themselves for any corrosion or oxidation and clean as necessary. Again, a multimeter can verify the integrity of those as well.

I traced the wires back to a plug that has a three pin relay in it. Guess I will replace the relay and see what happens.

Thank ya

You need good groundsing around the opening. I just installed mine and used a wire brush to clean around so that the spring clips makes good contact. Its a make or break to ground as the pink wire is always hot!

image.jpg

The relay has NOTHING to do with the glove box light. The pink wire is a constant hot circuit, the plunger makes ground. The terminal on the wire is a maddeningly specific brass connector that forms one side of the pin anchor for the bulb, the other is the plastic portion of the socket.

Faulty connection with pink wires. Map, glove box and ignition lights now work thank goodness

Auto Transport Service
Back