• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Map light

Shellden1

Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’m new to this site so hopefully I’m posting this question in the right place.
I bought a map light for my 68 Charger and I have a wire harness coming for it. Can anyone explain to me which wire goes where? Sounds like it comes on with the courtesy lights when you open the door or when you turn on the cabin light. Can it be wired to where you can turn just the map light on alone as well as with the courtesy lights if you open door? I’d like to be able to turn map light on only if I want.
Thanks

5F0A274E-963B-4EA2-BBC5-247753619032.png

Yellow wires are for door switches Pink wire is from the fuse panel. Here is the diagram. copy and save these to your computer. Right click and hit save as. Then open them up with some kind of photo program.
68ChargerA.JPG
68ChargerB.JPG

Factory the map light comes on when you open the doors or when you roll the dash dimmer light switch all the way up so the dome light comes on also
Or the map light comes on only when you turn the switch that is on the light itself

Do you only want the light to come on when you turn the switch or do you want to make it work like factory ?

If you want just to turn on when you want just hook up the pink wire and use the switch
The light frame grounds to the dash to complete the circuit for the little switch

Auto Transport Service
Back