• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mars Lander

Was a camera crew recording the landing from the surface of Mars?

I remember the first one in the late 90's.

Had just gotten my first real IT gig.

Had a computer set up on my desk with the tracking from JPL and time counter, then live feed from the unit as it touched down, and feed from rover.

Crowds would sometimes gather around my desk.

And how is landing a multi-million dollar Yugo on Mars going to solve any problems we have in our country?

And how is landing a multi-million dollar Yugo on Mars going to solve any problems we have in our country?

There is so much that we don't know, that trying something different will create questions we have not even thought of.

The sad part of our countries problems is that they are self-inflicted by people believing someone else has all the answers.

There is so much that we don't know, that trying something different will create questions we have not even thought of.

The sad part of our countries problems is that they are self-inflicted by people believing someone else has all the answers.

How will it help us if there was ancient like on Mars? Questions we have not even thought of we are wasting money and time on with no answers. What came first the chicken or the egg? Were do babies come from? We can't even figure this crap out. The worlds be burning since the worlds been turning.

I think it was a worth while investment. I guess we could have had the engineers flipping burgers, and send the money to Iran

The shell for the craft was made just down the road from you at Lockheed Martin.

Watching the landing video I kept trying to get the spot off my screen....
Nice double masks for prosperity sake

They should have titled it, "Computer Animation of Mars Landing". 2 hours of interviews and an animation made months ago shown at the last few minutes of the video; big waste of time and money.

If you look into the "Space Race" you will learn a lot they don't teach in school. Here's a hint, it never was about science from the government's perspective.

There is so much more on Earth to learn that could actually benefit mankind.

Let's not get all bogged down in political based arguments, and instead celebrate the fact that these achievements were totally unthinkable only a few years ago.
We choose to go to Mars, not because it is easy, but because it is hard. :lol:

Let's not.lose sight of the fact that this money could have been better spent elsewhere, perhaps to help our veterans. That would be an achievement and at the moment, it seems like an unsolvable problem.

Without this ‘NASA science stuff’ you wouldn’t be on the net, on this site, have a cell phone, information at the tip of your finger, gps or ALL the things you take for granted today.!!

Let's not.lose sight of the fact that this money could have been better spent elsewhere, perhaps to help our veterans. That would be an achievement and at the moment, it seems like an unsolvable problem.
Let's also not lose sight of the fact that this money wasn't put into an incinerator and burned. It went towards employing thousands of people with much of that money trickling back in taxes. It helped invent new things, advance science and likely helped a lot of veterans with some of that new science.

Auto Transport Service
Back