• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder Reinforcement Plate

superbeedave

Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

It's been a few years since I needed your all's help but I am having problems on how to remove the master cylinder reinforcement plate on my 69 Superbee with Manual drum brakes. I
have the nut off on the engine side but whatever is holding it on the inside, I can't seem to locate those nuts. Mostly everything is out on the inside near it but the pedal assembly. I hope
it's not tack welded on and hope all I really have to do is pry it off with a pry bar. Thanks, Dave

I believe it is the two "Upper" pedal assy bracket studs. Basically, a bitch to get to...

I haven't found anything under the dash and up near the firewall that isn't a bitch to get to! That is about where those should be.

There are two studs above master, very easy to locate because the heads are through the plate. look for the round circles with spiral grooves, kinds like a record.

54049BCD-273F-4B7D-8BA0-F3612C26FABF.jpeg

There are two studs above master, very easy to locate because the heads are through the plate. look for the round circles with spiral grooves, kinds like a record.

View attachment 1480385
I know about those, just try to get to the nuts behind them to take it off. I do believe they are the two top holding the pedal assembly on. Thank you, Dave

LOL this **** cracks me up. Well sorry the are a bitch to get to, but those are them.

grind off the heads then and move forward.

there was a couple guys parting out cars locally 30 years ago. they were telling us what great mechanics they were getting to be. Lots of torches and pry bars. But they could not put anything together and make it work correctly.

they would torch out the firewall and dash to remove 4 sped pedals.

Last edited:
LOL this **** cracks me up. Well sorry the are a bitch to get to, but those are them.

grind off the heads then and move forward.

there was a couple guys parting out cars locally 30 years ago. they were telling us what great mechanics they were getting to be. Lots of torches and pry bars. But they could not put anything together and make it work correctly.

they would torch out the firewall and dash to remove 4 sped pedals.
:lol:

I got it off. Them damn nuts were directly above the pedal assembly and all I could do is feel them and I could barely se them.

Auto Transport Service
Back