• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Max Wedge Air Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFilms

Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a single Max Wedge air cleaner. It’s not for a Max Wedge, it’s for my Poly with about 3 1/2” of hood clearance.
Condition is not a huge concern as it will probably have to be modified, as long as it’s not totally rusted through.
Thanks

EEB089C9-DCF0-4D3B-8746-95143AA795AC.jpeg

We bought ours from Kramer Automotive.
IMG_2722.jpg
Copy of savoy5.jpg

Poly intake is Chrysler Power (CPPA) available thru CPWEBSTORE.COM
Headers are TTI with their full exhaust system on a 64 Dodge B Body.

Beware, there are two air horn sizes, and the switch was made somewhere around when your car was made. I think the larger is 5 1/8 and of course much more common. (There are definately two different sizes of maxwedge air cleaner).
Measure YOUR carb first, to see which size you need.

Poly intake is Chrysler Power (CPPA) available thru CPWEBSTORE.COM
Headers are TTI with their full exhaust system on a 64 Dodge B Body.
I really like your intake. I Found a cast iron 4brl intake and WCFB a couple years back and the intake now sits on the engine. Replaced the WCFB, after having it rebuilt, with an Edelbrock AVS2. Because the intake was off a ‘56 Poly Power Pack it is an early square bore pattern and needed an adapter which is why I lost some hood clearance.

Beware, there are two air horn sizes, and the switch was made somewhere around when your car was made. I think the larger is 5 1/8 and of course much more common. (There are definately two different sizes of maxwedge air cleaner).
Measure YOUR carb first, to see which size you need.
Yes, thanks. The AVS2 that’s on the car is 5 1/8”. Glad to hear they are ‘more common’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back