• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max Wedge and A990 cars

So are you referring to the 15 x 6 steel wheels for the A12 cars , with the special back cuts on the inside of the nubs that would hold on the dogdish cap ?? I didn't know of anyone doing those...

Frank

Yes, he is doing this for the A12 cars.
Has been for a while.

What did the original wheel sizes for the factory max wedge and A990 cars/

What 15"steel rims were substituted for the factory ones back in the day for drag racing?

Any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Was that a rule in the class they were racing or was it just the ones that couldn't afford new wheels ?

No 468 PN & honestly I have never seen a set of wheels with that PN on them anywhere not saying they don't exist. I guess if we wanted to be technical the black wheels in the picture are probably for a 62 car judging by the sticker & with the date code of L2 & the grey wheel which is identical expect for the stampings are in a different spot & it is used but has a date code H3 are probably for a 63 or maybe even a 64 car.
For you guys that don't know in the early days chrysler stamped the wheel size at the valve stem which is also a good way to spot a real from a fake.

View attachment 1097722 View attachment 1097723 View attachment 1097724 View attachment 1097725 View attachment 1097726 View attachment 1097727 View attachment 1097728 View attachment 1097729
Chooch, interesting that in the parts listing on the 14 x 6.5 for 426 engine it says 5 per car. So you think if you got the 6.5's you have the wider tires all the way around? And the spare? Seems odd. What do you think?

Chooch, interesting that in the parts listing on the 14 x 6.5 for 426 engine it says 5 per car. So you think if you got the 6.5's you have the wider tires all the way around? And the spare? Seems odd. What do you think?

every parts listing I have for PN 468 shows quantity of 2

Steve, where did you get your wheels?

the ones in the picture aren’t mine but I have the same ones in black. The picture in grey just showed the holes better for the conversation. Center section from an A100 welded into a hoop. 7” wide 4.5” backspace. I think I will buy a pair of the ones mentioned above when the Canada-US border opens. I like how they have holes in between each lug hole to resemble the Max wedge ones as you mentioned.

I had a set of four 14 X 6.5 rims that I put on my 1964 Polara 500 convertible and used with original 'spinner' wheel discs. I always figured they were originally used for early '60's Chrysler station wagon.

Auto Transport Service
Back