• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max wedge Carbs and Exhaust

randys4406

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
Looking for some information on some Max wedge stuff. I have the opportunity to purchase a set of original exhaust manifolds, exhaust pipe with cross over and cutouts, and two Carter carbs. Anyone that can give me a value on these parts. All look to be in above average condition.

If the exhaust manifolds are true originals! Hard to prove! The repops were cast from original parts! Worth 18-2k, rest of the pipes 3-500, The carbs depending on if they are 3447 4-500, or the 3705s 6-800!

i have had alot max wedge parts and car over the years 3447 carbs hard to find and have all the parts are worth more then 4-500$ the last set of exhaust manifolds i bought 3yrs ago i paid 1200$ i would say there from 15004-1800$ now look at them close to see there not cut a lot .

I believe the repro exhaust manifolds still have 413426440 cast into them. The originals have a 7 digit casting number: Rt. 2402334 and Lt. 2402336

"
If the exhaust manifolds are true originals! Hard to prove! The repops were cast from original parts! Worth 18-2k, rest of the pipes 3-500, The carbs depending on if they are 3447 4-500, or the 3705s 6-800!

You have it backwards,the 3705's are a dime a dozen,try and find a set of "complete" 3447's and you will see a big difference.

These are 3705. Came as replacement carbs from the dealer. Used but in the original boxes. Chokes have been removed and one carb the top where the choke mounts is broken. A lot of good information out there.

Thanks for all of the good information. Bought the Manifolds (only were on a car for a year)and the flanged exhaust pipes back to the mufflers. Did not get the carbs. Will be listing soon.

IF you're looking for a good top for your one carb? I have replacement carb(3705) It has no numbers! It is in great condition but not complete! I will sell it if interested!

IF you're looking for a good top for your one carb? I have replacement carb(3705) It has no numbers! It is in great condition but not complete! I will sell it if interested!
I didn't end up getting the carbs, just the manifolds and exhaust pipes. I will pass on the info to the seller and see if he is interested.
Thanks

Thanks to all the replied to my questions. I ended up selling the manifolds and pipes in a package deal with some other parts.

I have a 62 max clone I picked up a set of repo exhaust they don't have the ser# cast into them they had to make them not look like the original something to do with patent I think

Auto Transport Service
Back