• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max wedge fans, what is correct?

63hemipolara

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I bought the MP viscous fan package with the 5 blade fan and it doesn't pull enough air as the Hemi gets a little warmer than I'd like. I was told to put a correct 7 blade viscous fan on it from the max cooling package or the max wedge aluminum viscous fan. Does anyone know the diameter and if the fan is supposed to be all aluminum. I bought this on ebay (see attachment) I'm now questioning if this is a Mopar fan and would it be correct for the max cooling packaged cars. Thanks for the help. :confused:

fan.jpg

My '69 factory hemi fan is 18" and the blades are steel. But I noticed that the picture you posted has 3 rivets holding the blades. Mine has 4. Does that help?

Ron

The fan they used on the 68 SS Darts was part # 2585375 and they had 7 aluminum blades with 4 rivets in each blade operated by a non-thermostatic torque-drive clutch fan unit part # 2806070.

I should have info on that in my Max Wedge book. I will dig it up tomorrow and look. Ron

I have a excellant book by Jim Schild on 65 dodge@Ply super stockers. Full of info I don't . Know how close the hemi & max wedge are. But the hemi has a Alum fan 7 blades 4 rivits part #2585375 with a non-thermostatic torque drive clutch pART #2268903 I have a 64 Savoy Max Wedge car myself That I blew up last summer putting it back as we speak I have a lot of questions my self pullys, motor color fan also.

I can't speak about a 64 or a Hemi, but my 1963 Doge Polara 500 Max Wedge has the correct four blade fixed ( no clutch ) fan. There is no fan shroud.

Anyone check Moser's site, they have some really up close shots of the fans they use?

I should have info on that in my Max Wedge book. I will dig it up tomorrow and look. Ron

Ron

You say you have a MaxWedge book where did you get it. I have a 64 Savoy MaxWedge Cloan I bought 3yrs ago Most everything on the motor is correct. I blew the motor up last year going back through everything . Looking for a book to go by putting it back together looking for correct fan,Alt pulley,etc Ihave a excellant book written by Jim Schild on 65 Dodge&Ply Super Stockers excellant ref. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advanve

[email protected]

Auto Transport Service
Back