• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max wedge intake for 383/400 low deck

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been asked, but are there any current max wedge intakes for a low deck motor? It seems like 270 trick flows would be the better option after watching the most recent engine masters and seeing how they made more power and torque everywhere. I believe I read trick flow made a couple, but does anyone know for sure?

Yes, and Indy makes one too..... they are awesome intakes, but they are not stock hood friendly.

Trick flow does not make a max wedge low deck intake.
You have to port it yourself or pay someone to CNC it for you.

Indy is the only low deck max wedge intake available
4150 IND400-I4-2
4500 IND400-I4-3

What would bolting up a standard port intake result in? Can it be done? Can you port it to fit to a certain extent? Specifically, ai would be asking about an M1 single Plane.

What would bolting up a standard port intake result in? Can it be done? Can you port it to fit to a certain extent? Specifically, ai would be asking about an M1 single Plane.
It would depend on how much metal the intake has at the top and bottom of the port, so that would depend on which intake.
I have a TM7 (rb intake) that was modified for a max wedge port. There was barely enough metal left to match and seal the bottom of the max port, and there is an aluminum slug welded to the top of each port pair to cover the top of the max port. Max port opening was higher than the manifold. Eight really big vacuum leaks.
I would assume a 383 intake might have a similar problem on a low deck/max port combo. A 383 super Victor (is there such a thing?) might have enough meat.

Auto Transport Service
Back