• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Max Wedge scoop sell or trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar Man 73

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Brand new fiberglass Max Wedge style hood scoop. Little smaller scale than original. 1st picture is of my '63 330 w/scoop resting on hood. 2nd pic is of another member's '63 w/same exact scoop for reference image.
Asking $65 obo, local pick-up/drop between So-Cal zips 90660-92614. Sorry no shipping.
Open to trades on Holley 2bbl #4412 carb, tachometer or Muffler 18"+ (3"in/3"out) straight through style for my truck. Please PM w/ possible trades or questions, thanks.
IMG_20181124_162250.jpg

20151001_223247-1_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
No apologies for non-MOPAR content, but...
These hood scoops made my 70 Rover 3500S look a bit...American...
Only the export "NADA" (= North American Dealers Assoc) had them, and they were not just for show. The center fed the intake, which took warm air off the exhaust manifolds, except under open throttle, when a vacuum valve opened the intake to direct, cold air. The side ones were open-close, and had red-blue labels "Summer Winter" . All this was to cure vapor lock with the GM mechanical fuel pump. Remember, this V8 was the GM 215 of 61-3, later purchased by Rover. So...until late 80's all those fancy Land Rovers were powered by...GM! These scoops were elegant, cast aluminium (Birmal label) bolted onto the aluminium bonnet, and true to "Heath Robinson" (Rube Goldberg's English cousin) even had rain barries inside to divert water into a hole to the engine compartment. Somewhere i have photos of the inside. If you ever have an opportunity, drive one of these. The most sophisticate suspension ever on a production car, designed initally for a gas turbine. Enjoy. PS: aluminium box on grill could hide a radar detector, I suppose, but is an Icelert!
P6260025.JPG

Updated listing, open to trades on several items I need or other stuff. Things of interest: Mopar BB performance/race stuff, Welding equipment, tools, etc..

Willing to also trade gor nice K&N 14" x 3" or 4" filter assembly. Dropping price to $50 cash if buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back