• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCACN Muscle Car Meetup at Gilmore Museum in Michigan pictures

XS22J8R

Local time
4:02 AM
Reaction score
Muscle cars and Corvette Nationals started a little show last year the last Saturday in June at the Gilmore Museum near Kalamazoo.
I wanted to go this year and bring a car now that I have a trailer, but none of the logistics and accommodations were coming together unfortunately. I decided to drive over Saturday early morning to spectate anyway, and had a good time. I’ve wanted to see that museum for years but never did. I only got through half the buildings while there for the show, so now I need to get back there!
Good show too. Here’s my pictures:
MCACN Meetup Show Gilmore Museum 6-24-23

That Judge reminds me of a huge purse paid for one like that at Mecum earlier this year. Rare color too iirc.

That Judge reminds me of a huge purse paid for one like that at Mecum earlier this year. Rare color too iirc.
same as the car (color wise) in 2 lane Black top
orbit orange IIRC
70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #7 with film cars from American Grafitti.jpg

I think it had Keystones on it... I didn't remember that
70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #4 Warren Oats.jpg

My step-dad Bob had a 70 Judge that color
Stock Eliminator H/S (?) went 12.30-40's (?) after he was done with it
70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #5 Warren Oats.jpg

looks more yellow here
70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #6.jpg

I saved a photo of a 70 GTO Judge Ram Air IV some time ago was like $160k (IIRC)
looks like it, except a tan top HT
70 GTO Judge Orbit Orange #1 Convertible tan top.jpg

I should have mentioned that the center field at this show were all past and future MCACN show feature cars.
That GTO was in the center field in the front row, so no doubt a real deal car, not a clone.
Several cars down from it was a blue LS6 Chevelle SS convertible that I neglected to photograph.
I got up real early to make my 3-1/2 drive there, and after lunch it got hot and humid, so that left me tired mostly wanting to hang out in the MCACN tent display area, visiting with Bob and Vicki Ashton and the many who stopped by. At one point Bob drafted me to make a MCACN pick award, but with the stipulation I couldn’t pick a Mopar as too many Mopars had already been picked! That was tough, but I picked the black ‘61 Ford Galaxy convertible for an award.

same as the car (color wise) in 2 lane Black top
orbit orange IIRC
View attachment 1488584
I think it had Keystones on it... I didn't remember that
View attachment 1488585
My step-dad Bob had a 70 Judge that color
Stock Eliminator H/S (?) went 12.30-40's (?) after he was done with it
View attachment 1488586
looks more yellow here
View attachment 1488588

I saved a photo of a 70 GTO Judge Ram Air IV some time ago was like $160k (IIRC)
looks like it, except a tan top HT
View attachment 1488590
Now that you mention that color “Orbit Orange”, that was definitely the color I remember it being on auction. Beautiful car. I think it was a Ram Air IV as well. Private collection low mile car. It reeled in big dough on the block. If I find it I’ll post the price.

Look at what that car sold for. Mind boggling IMO.

Look at what that car sold for. Mind boggling IMO.

:thankyou:
That car sold for $1,000,000 + fees, that's absolutly nucken' futs
said only 7 convertibles with autos & a Ram Air IV in Orbit Orange

Holy Grail car

Favorite posted car....Cale Cyclone.
Yeah they were cool, sort of the Merc. equivalent of the Talladega
in 69 2 different ones, Cyclone Spoilers, the red side stripes/top on the
Cale Yarbrough car & black side stripes/top on the LeRoy Yarbrough versions
Cal's
69 Cyclone Spoiler Mercury Cale Yarbrough.jpg

LeRoy's
69 Cyclone Spoiler Mercury LeeRoy Yarbrough.jpg