• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McDonald's new look

As a kid in the '60's, I think I remember seeing freshly peeled potatoes at the local McDonalds. Is that a false memory?

potato.jpg

McDonald's is racist, and insensitive,and xenophobic,and sexist,and racist, and deplorable. **** sounds like my kinda place going there now.

$0.99 McChicken no lettuce and a $1 bottomless large Dr Pepper and my lunch is taken care of.
PLEASE, if you know what's in the McChicken, don't tell me! Ignorance is BLISS!
Far be it from me to question anyone's dietary decisions or the authenticity of any food being genuine as advertised, but...
well, you're getting what, six pieces of "chicken" for a buck, right?
Can you envision the farmer who raised that chicken, the processing plant who processed it, the distribution company that delivered it to the store and the store who cooked it all making a profit inside that buck?
Yeah, well...
Pretty much says it all, right there. :lol:

I heard Chik Fil A was chosen as the top fast food chain. But liberals will hate on you for eating there.
Yep and all that just reinforces my lifelong choice to patronize them whenever possible.
I grew up in SW Atlanta in the 60's and early 70's and as many know, that company started just south of town.
Their first franchise locations were in our neck of the woods as a result; my first exposure was in the early 70's
when my dad, then president of the local chapter of Little League, got tired of having a house full of kids AND
melting Worlds Finest chocolate every summer for fundraising and opted to instead have us sell coupon books -
for that new restaurant called Chick-Fil-A.

No melted chocolate and you could store a bazillion of them in our little house for distribution. Perfect - except
few folks had heard of them up to then, so we kids going door to door trying to sell these coupon books had a hard
sell on our hands indeed.

My family sure ate a lot of those sandwiches that summer, though - and MAN, were they good!
We as a family seldom would eat there without the coupons, though. As my Pop said "they want 75 CENTS FOR A
CHICKEN SANDWICH?!?"
I remember a Big Mac going for like 59 cents and we weren't well off in those days, so it was a bit much for him to accept. :)

Lookit...
I can witness to this much on the subject from my 57 years on the planet.
As a seasoned fast food expert (*snicker*), I can attest that the ONLY franchised restaurant I've frequented in all these decades
that has neither EVER changed their way of conducting business OR has ever compromised on the quality of their food is Chick-Fil-A.
Every other franchise's food I've ever been exposed to has gone demonstrably downhill over the years, bar none.
Every dang one of them - except for that Chicken bunch at CFA.
That I can't ever remember them screwing up my order or being rude to me, EVER, in many decades just adds to that.
It's the way things should be.
They've got a customer for life here and I'll go out of my way to find them.

As a kid in the '60's, I think I remember seeing freshly peeled potatoes at the local McDonalds. Is that a false memory?
View attachment 623776
I believe you. My first "real" job (as in actual federally taxed paycheck) was at a McDonald's in Mt. Vernon, VA when I was 14 around 1975 and there still was a French fry making press thingy hanging on their wall, although the fries came frozen in bags by then, so that's possible?

McDonald's is racist, and insensitive,and xenophobic,and sexist,and racist, and deplorable. **** sounds like my kinda place going there now.
Naw, their stuff is just nasty and it happened as a result of trading in quality to turn into the Starbucks of the fast food world.
Kumbaya, indeed.

Sorry your just out of work due to lack of my participation.
older people like us are not there market target, they know better, its the younger crowd that can eat fast food without worrying about heart burn, heart attacks the shits, etc. I can barley eat a home made cheeseburger any more and not feel bad. and I am not out of work I got the contract! so they can keep flippin them in style!

I've never liked McDonald's. I like Hardee's.

The reason for automation has more to do with reliability than hourly wages.

Kiosks don’t call in sick
Kiosks don’t need to eat and use the restroom
Kiosks don’t have a poor attitude
Kiosks don’t get tired
Kiosks don’t need constant supervision
Kiosks can work unlimited hours with no break time.

This is the world we live in and it’s not going to change.
Same deal with “self checkouts” at the orange plague.
And Kiosk's don't play on their cellphone all day. :lol:

You know what it's like when you're in line and the person in front of you isn't sure what they want, and change their mind, change it again, then ask for a custom made burger all the while people are impatiently waiting?

That's why I like to use the kiosk, so I'm not that guy. I like to look through the touch screen menu, make custom additions to my order (like extra ketchup and pickles on a burger) and not worry about holding someone else up. There's always another kiosk so no line behind me there...

Haven't been to a Mc Donalds in over 10+ years at a min
thank goodness

A&W or Dairy Queen, In & Out or Newcastle for burgers
or some mom & pop dive out on the road,
but I prefer a sit down meal, with real meat & real potatoes
not a "shovel it in", wham bam no thank you mam
empty calories/tons of fat, sodium & sugar added, fast food crap...

I'm not a big fan of fast food anyway

It's now another poorly ran globalist & millennial ran corp.
they push for the $15 min wage & this is what you get
no humans servers/order takers/cashiers {albeit probably good in many Inner-Shitty's},
hardly any youth employment or dependent elderly, like it used to be
all machines/computers doing everything for you

Ray Kroft {? founder} is turning over in his grave
no more needs to be said

Last edited:
The McChicken and a smoothie or chocolate shake is what I usually get
On his show, David Letterman called Mc D's and asked if their was milk in their shakes. There was not. But I like the chocolate shakes anyway ! .......MO

I heard Chik Fil A was chosen as the top fast food chain. But liberals will hate on you for eating there.
Chik Fil A gave us the best of service, very friendly people there, Several hispanic families were there and also very friendly. We will be going back.
Went to the local Mc D's yesterday and the Menue said " buy one sandwich and the second one is $1.00" so I order two quarter pounder with cheese. Get to the table , look at the reciept, and they charged full price for both of them. Asked about it and was told that was for app orders only ( small print)................................MO

View attachment 623776

When we were kids, driving to NH every weekend, we'd stop at the McD's in Portsmouth NH & watch a blind guy peel the potatoes and turn them into fries. He'd also make shakes That was when it was the old original style McDonalds with the ceramic tile seats outside.

Back when McDonald's was good. As a little kid, it was fun to sit on the ceramic tile side benches and watch everything being made....

original-mcdonalds-restaurant-joe-belanger.jpg

On his show, David Letterman called Mc D's and asked if their was milk in their shakes. There was not. But I like the chocolate shakes anyway ! .......MO
I remember that their shakes have vegetable oil of some sort in them. I understand that Steak & Shake's do have milk, although careful research may find out it is not from cows. Haven't eaten at a McD's in over 15 years or a BK in more than 20 years just so I can die of UN-natural causes.

No one has mentioned 5 Guys burgers. They are cooked while you wait. The fries are to die for. And no half filled fry holder, like McDonald's. And comparable in price.

No one has mentioned 5 Guys burgers. They are cooked while you wait. The fries are to die for. And no half filled fry holder, like McDonald's. And comparable in price.

For me, 5 Guys gets 5 thumbs down.
Here's a shocker... for the best bacon cheeseburger from a fast food restaurant go to Del Taco. No ****, Del Taco.

I agree with Five Guys being a thumbs down. My wife and I did the circuit a couple of years ago just for fun. Not the McDs or Burger King types - but more the fashionable newer ones like Smash Burger, The Habit, Five Guys etc. We thought Five Guys was the most expensive and the worst for the bucks. We came back to In n Out as the best value and best quality day in and day out. There are better burgers out there but not a better one for the money and freshness amongst the fast food genre.

Auto Transport Service
Back