• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum Indy pictures

XS22J8R

Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
I drove down there last Wednesday to drool over the offerings. I figured seeing the RTS cuda alone would be worth the trip, with the possibility it ends up with some collector who doesn’t ever take his cars to shows.
I heard it got bought by a collector in the LA area, but don’t know who.
I suspect it will end up front and center at MCACN this fall, however I don’t have any insider information on that.
Here’s my picture album from the day.
Mecum Auction Indy 2023

Thanx for all the cool pictures. I wonder if any of the Mopars were FBBO member's cars?

A member of E bodies.org owned the FC7 '70 Roadrunner there. I was baffled by Mecums $115K-140K estimate, for a 383 4 speed car. even though it came up short of that, it still hammered for $97K plus buyer premium. Who would have ever expected anyone would fork over 6 figures for a 383 roadrunner?

A member of E bodies.org owned the FC7 '70 Roadrunner there. I was baffled by Mecums $115K-140K estimate, for a 383 4 speed car. even though it came up short of that, it still hammered for $97K plus buyer premium. Who would have ever expected anyone would fork over 6 figures for a 383 roadrunner?
And the same thing happened at Kissimmee on a '69 automatic that wasn't even a high impact color.

I drove down there last Wednesday to drool over the offerings. I figured seeing the RTS cuda alone would be worth the trip, with the possibility it ends up with some collector who doesn’t ever take his cars to shows.
I heard it got bought by a collector in the LA area, but don’t know who.
I suspect it will end up front and center at MCACN this fall, however I don’t have any insider information on that.
Here’s my picture album from the day.
Mecum Auction Indy 2023
Thanks for the photos & time to post it/them :thumbsup:
and the inside info

yeah you're probably right, it will be on the show circuit again

"just before a lot of media hype, movie (stories) :poke:
only after a scripted, expanded tall tale/legends & then the sale"
sorry;
I couldn't resist, after the Black Ghost deal...

almost every one of the high $$$ cars
will cross the Mecum auction block again, sometime somewhere
they always do, even the specialty cars, especially them...

Last edited:
I just heard that the buyer of the RTS cuda is a place called the Only Original Once Collection in LA, and the car will be at MCACN in fall.
I guess I didn't have to drive to Indy to see it! :lol:

My friend had 5 cars there,only two sold,and I thought he sold them short. He said everyone there was saying that the bids were way down from the previous few auctions. A few high end cars brought strong money, but the rest of the stuff wasn't bringing the money.

Thanks. Can you share which two sold? Pretty sure all five were for sale in MCG for a year or two by what seemed by a third party seller.

Almost everything I saw (on Motortrend TV) that actually sold,
the other 1/2 go on to 'bid goes on', who knows after that ?
I don't care enough to look them up...
They all pretty much were good money,
way up from a few years ago, across the board
especially the "no reserve" cars, and the many collections, all did very well
I thought...

it's a crazy market, IMO crazy $$$, fools & their $$$, some are
alcohol-induced, probably has some to do with it
& probably some shill bidders too
seems like a bunch were sold/or bid up high, to the phone bidders,
not 'in house' or internet bidder girl, she was raising her arm 'a lot' too...

The resto-mod market "is really strong, when done right"...

Last edited:
Thanks. Can you share which two sold? Pretty sure all five were for sale in MCG for a year or two by what seemed by a third party seller.
The grey GTX prototype sold for 80k,and the purple 71 Charger R/T prototype sold for 82k. He sold the 71 GTX convertible last year,so three of the six cars have been sold.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back