• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memorial Day

My father's medals, he is now in Arlington
My two youngest just home from Parris Island back in 05

20220529_071305.jpg 20220529_071230.jpg

Jesse Allen Murphy, Fairmont, OK, July 8, 1947 - March 30, 1968, Dak To Vietnam - Memorial Panel 47E, Line 14

Jesse talked about the car he would buy when he got home. He carried a ragged page he'd torn from a car magazine, an ad for a '68 Road Runner.
015 - Jesse Allen Murphy (Fairmont, OK) Jul 8, 1947 - Mar 30, 1968 Panel 47E Line 14.jpg

Two Brothers, one Korean Vet, and his older brother a WWII & Korean Vet. Did their duty, they rest now.

As smartly pointed out this Holiday is for those who ultimately fulfill our Nation’s oath.

A670840E-57BA-4D65-966D-F85458DC37E4.png

The older brother saw “many dead all over” as he told a story. Arrived in France at 17 and briefly took up barracks in the “Chesterfield” group of soldiers. Cigarette names were used for the mess tent identifications. France was in the mist of its’ coldest winter on record. The three newly connected comrades alternated the warmest spot, in the middle nightly, of a 3 soldier pile with the middle one kept warm by all their extra gear piled on top.

Dead were all around, as they learned the Germans were fighting a mere 5 miles away. The Germans were occupied defending the coastal shore of offensive British landing crafts which wasn’t going well for the Allies. The mess tents where the thousands of American Troops ate was lit up, at night, by a single candle so as not to give their location away.

Dead was all around them when the troops were loaded up on the 40-8s rail cars. 40 men or 8 mules train cars carried the troops inland where they went to work building temporary air fields. It was Freezing cold and the train didn’t stop, you did your body duties with the rail car door open, the biting frost wind and your body parts dangling out in the open.

The older brother was asking “Why did you join at 17?” And his answer was “ They wouldn’t take me at 16.”

Again a question “Did you join to get out of the house, seek adventure or just to go to war? And the response “We had an enemy that needed to be defeated.”

Last edited:
20220529_100026.jpg

My wife found this last season, one of my favorites.

Taking time this Memorial Day to say thank you to all who served and sacrificed for America! Some gave all! I took my American made 73 Stingray magged out custom out for its first ride of the season today!
20220529_130302.jpg

Giys, remember, Memorial Day is to honor those the died WHILE SERVING.
Veterans Day is to honor those who served.

Amongst others the great President Ronald Reagan reminded us of this many times. He always said we were always only one generation away from losing our free republic. I always used to listen to him with great pride and comfort that he was in charge and that would never happen here. How profound Reagan was and how naive was I. God Bless our Rebublic and God save us from those that would do it harm.

Attachments

• DFCF0F47-F905-4623-B70F-C0406D4980E0.jpeg
    DFCF0F47-F905-4623-B70F-C0406D4980E0.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 45
I want to thank all who served! It is true Memorial Day is for those we lost. Some veterans lost maybe not their lives but they lost a part of their life for our freedom! They also lost friends, loved ones, and some lost respect for fighting a war they ad no choice but to do. I’m proud of the men and women who make this country the home of the free! We are still the greatest country on earth because of these men and women! God Bless each and every one of you and may you have a special place in heaven for your courage and devotion! Thank you!

No tribute, no moving song, poignant story and soaring poem can ever come close to describing all that we owe to every American who fell for Freedom. All that we can do is remember them, and keep them in our hearts, at the very least for a single day.
We must remember them.

We have a few flags to place every year.

Semper Fidelis

This We'll Defend

20220530_102832.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back