• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metro supersoft goods?

fullmetaljacket

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Is this the company of choice when it comes to door jam weather strips?
My doors will not close without slamming them and they are of aluminum alloy, so handling with gentle hands is a must.
I know that DMV here has suggested just closing the doors and parking it in the hot sun, but if that doesn't work, what will?
I don't even remember where I got these weatherstrips from quite honestly.

I got mine from softseal for a 74 charger, they seal good but there are really bad/ annoying mold/part lines with a very sloppy looking finish on the top corner area of the window jam. I was pretty disappointed. the door seals are pretty good. I also have to give the doors a good push to close, they will form , it's just going to take some time. eventually I will replace them, but I won't be using softseal again. I know it doesn't answer your question, but that is my review of them

Try Steel Rubber Products, they are more expensive than Soft Seal. I just don't know how they will work on your application or if they have them for it.

Back about 10-15 years ago or so, there was a LOT of talk about one company having a "too thick" issue with most of their door seals.

Of course I can't remember which one it was.

I don't ever remember seeing if it was resolved with new tooling or not either.

If you are talking roof rail seals, I know you can get them installed on the wrong side and the doors are very hard to shut...........................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back