• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mild 400, What gear and converter?

ron dude
no e-mails in posts
thanks
On topic
If you use a 904 profile instead of an .842 profile you can open the intake later and close it sooner and have the same area under the curve and less overlap
same with the exhaust
timing around BDC is more sensitive with a long rod motor so using a 904 profile is even more important
some worry about .904 being more radical
it does not have to be
it can be a mild profile just using more lifter diameter
many .842 chevy profiles are pushing the acceleration envelope for chevy lifters
and do not live will when put with the heavier Mopar valvetrain

Is no e-mails a rule I am not aware of ??
This makes me think of the mushroom lifter cams for an even larger base. I remember Mopar had a mushroom cam listed years ago as one of their Mopar Performance cams. In fact my brother ran it once in his 68 Cuda. But it was many years ago and I don't remember how he liked it. Ron

This makes me think of the mushroom lifter cams for an even larger base. I remember Mopar had a mushroom cam listed years ago as one of their Mopar Performance cams. In fact my brother ran it once in his 68 Cuda. But it was many years ago and I don't remember how he liked it. Ron

Ahhh yes, the great Mini-Express.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back