• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mini starter for 440?

I'd go to O'Rielly's, if there's one near. Warranty/replacement through the Rock is a PITA

Simplest thing to do is go to your favorite local auto parts (NAPA, Autozone, whatever) and
fetch one for the V8 Dakota. They're cheap and have a lifetime warranty and from my experience,
robust as heck, too - and if it ever does lay down on you, walk in to the store and hand it to 'em
for free replacement. :thumbsup:

I've purchased new mopar mini-starters for all my big-inch, race engines. NEVER an issue. I don't buy rebuilt anything, if new is available.

Dont forget to buy a terminal relocation adapter from one of the members here. Im sure someone knows who that guy is and will post his info. Never mind serch gave me his info. "Yep, I used got he same kit and it’s the bees knees. Talk to Chris @Valiantone. He’ll set you up"

starter3-jpg.jpg

I guess I'm the lucky one with using 2 junkyard mini's on my Mopes for the last 17+ years each.

Dont forget to buy a terminal relocation adapter from one of the members here. Im sure someone knows who that guy is and will post his info. Never mind serch gave me his info. "Yep, I used got he same kit and it’s the bees knees. Talk to Chris @Valiantone. He’ll set you up"

View attachment 708712
yep I was gonna' tell him to
'remember to just cut down that main 1/4-20 lug
to clear the side of the block'

it looks like that kit, addresses the issue/problem

I have been running the mini on my 440. I always just take the adapter off and hook directly to the starter I have never seen the adapter before new one for me. KB9GIB

Got this new one from O'reilly's today for $117, no core. I'm gonna try going with removing the adapter, and hooking straight to starter. Thanks for the info guys.

20190122_182640.jpg

The good thing is that terminal we all speak of points right at a freeze plug. So there is a tiny bit of clearance there but like these guys said cut the post down a tad and you don't really need the adapter.

Auto Transport Service
Back