• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini Tub ????

fuseable

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone Mini Tubbed a 64 Dodge B-body? My? is how do the supports for the torsion springs and the hinges for the trunk lid work out, will they need bracing while the tub is out before I reinstall it and reattach them to the tub? I mean while the inner tub is out will they just stay put only attached at the top?
Thanks

Last edited:
I'll be doing that soon on my 65. Just wrapped up the spring boxes, going to set the diff in, get the sway bar figured out. After that I'm heading to the trunk, as long as the "Trunk Monkey" is out. LOL! I bought the parts from USCT. The instructions for the tubs look ok, I'll know better when I dive in on them. They give you the pieces for the trunk hinge relocation along with the pieces to do the widening. For the boxes, the instructions SUCK.
My thread covers that and other stuff.
Updating the Super Street Mopar

I have seen your build, very nice. I am doing the tubs first, we'll see.

There is another thread, in the race car section, with a guy doing this plus Calvert springs. Others have had issues with the install "instructions" too. Some other ways of correcting for it. You can never have enough info sometimes. Thank you for the compliments. Good luck to you on yours.
Split mono leaf springs for 63 Belvedere

I bought a 64 that has been mini tubbed. It was a great job. Let me know if you need any more pictures.

C156905B-E4A4-4961-AEBC-6D70F22D7600.jpeg

826AE6F0-5048-4289-A9E1-78F2BD8A0CCA.jpeg

Has anyone Mini Tubbed a 64 Dodge B-body? My? is how do the supports for the torsion springs and the hinges for the trunk lid work out, will they need bracing while the tub is out before I reinstall it and reattach them to the tub? I mean while the inner tub is out will they just stay put only attached at the top?
Thanks
I assume that you will have your deck lid off while doing the mini tubs( the weight of the deck lid is what stresses this area) so it will be fine without adding support during the work. I was ready to brace mine when I mini tubbed my 64' Polara but honestly saw no need to after i cut the feet loose from the top of the wheel tub.

Thanks for the heads up on the lid. Hopefully would have had a BFO[ blinding flash of the obvious] when I start the portion of the job on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back