• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mirrors - Pictures included!

G-man

Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi

My NOS 68-Charger mirrors have arrived finally. Baught them off www.mmpar.com (AMS Obsolete)

Yes they wanted 800US for the 2, but, I'm happy with what I have received, so is Kim. It's a one off thing to buy so why not. The condition I believe is great to from them.

The first 3 pictures are of that interesting washer or w/e it is, even has the pentastar marking on it (hope you see it in picture 1 left side slightly below half way)...

The next pictures are off the driver mirror (last driver mirror is the 1 with the remote pictured)

The rest are passenger mirrors

Sorry its done with webcam, but its the best I can still do... so hope you appreciate the effort since my right hand is in a cast since I broke it and it took me a good while to make the pictures.

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

mirror3.jpg

mirror4.jpg

mirror5.jpg

mirror7.jpg

mirror8.jpg

mirror9.jpg

mirror10.jpg

Groovy. Did you have a question about it, or just showin off your shiny new parts?:grin:

Groovy. Did you have a question about it, or just showin off your shiny new parts?:grin:

Well,I have figured out thesilver washer thingieis what goes on the door (the part that sits around remote inside) in that hole on interior.

I also would have asked about that extra line thats in the bad fabrication of the mirror, however I already know I can get that filed out to perfect and rechromed for another 300-500 dollars.

Since the car was VERY cheap and I saved around 2000 on labour... I could justify the cost of mirrors.

Very happy and yes showing everyone my new pieces. Very excited.

Also got the original C11-C10 bolts sent out to me by somebody for free. He even medium blasted them to make them clean for me and paid the shipping to me also. I know u can get some of the original bolts from pgclassics etc but they cost like 80 US dollars or something AND they dont offer the C10 bolts I need. Heres a pic of them to! The ones lined up are the 4 C10's that sit in middle (2 seat belts) the rest C11.Got 2 spare C11's incase I ever add 2 shoulder belts in the back. ThenIwill need 2 C12 bolts and I willhave 2 C10 spare.

VERY Happy with this 68 charger. First car I ever been happy with. Had a 87 pontiac trans-am years ago, got rid of it and then had an aussie 72 valiant charger, then got rid of that and got a 70 challenger (which im still waiting for it to get bloody fixed so i can sell that heap of ***, been sittinmg at his house since august 2005!@@!@#@#@) so either A: not happy with what I had or B: frustrated to all hell in waiting.

So I got the charger last August. Almost 1 year now but all my parts are about to arrive and then finished in few weeks. Finaly got my dream car and these mirrors are the BEST! (I had repros hence i can trully appreciate these)

bolts.jpg

Sounds like a plan. Also sounds like good moves parting with the rides that you didn't like. Guess if I really gave it some thought, I could probably come up with something I hate about ever one of the 54 vehicles I've owned.

BUT....I'm enough of a car whore that I don't think about that much. I want one of everything:grin:

BUT....I'm enough of a car whore that I don't think about that much. I want one of everything:grin:

Glad you dont have my disease :rolling:

For me theres always just 1 thing thats "just right" and everything else is good but not 'perfect'. I have learnt this through my years. So I would never want more than 1 car as the rest would be cool but not 'just right' and why would i go cruise out in cool when I coulda cruised out in just right? Toomuch money to spend to own 2nd best. I like black,I like orange, I like blue and I like green. Do I own 1 car for every colour? No because 1 of those is my 'favourite' so thats how I do it and the rest dont matter. Thats how I work anyway.
Heres a good example:

My car runs a 383ci. Yeah its ok but it aint no 440 or hemi. Hemi would be my absolute favourite and has been since I can remember. But, what If I cant afford the hemi, then a 440 would be good enough yeah? Well it is better than a 383 but I wouldnt spend the money on it asI coulda saved it up for a possibility of 1 day affording the hemi. IF I never do, doent matter, I wasnt trully happy with the 440 neither was I with the 383. If I spent the mponey on 440 id still be emotionally in the same position, just out of pocket as I wasnt "trully" happy with either 1. So its either Hemi or it stays 383

I just wish Dodge made the 70 tailight design on the chargers in 68 as it looks more aggressive just like the front of the 68 looks aggressive to suit.

Well glad you liked the bits!

Auto Transport Service
Back