• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing Options on this Charger

You can get a retrosound radio so it looks like an original but has Bluetooth,USB and other options. They aren't exactly cheap but not too bad. Here is the link for it.

View attachment 1200322

Thank you. I've seen those but, right now I think I will stick with what I've got. I will keep it in mind but, there is a guy on eBay that has a couple of the R22 Radios converted for an Ipod Input but, he wants I think around $1,600 if my memory is correct. It doesn't have a radio in it now because of the hacking and electrical fire. The last time I had on it on the road it was just nice listening to the 440 hum along.

Last edited:
I'm not a 70 charger super guru.. but I thought there was some built with bench seats that didn't come with upper door panel pads.
I thought that was weird..

I think it depends on the package. On XH Chargers you didn't get upper door pads and this car doesn't have them. I'm fine with that and I'm fine with the bench seat. On the XH Chargers for 1970 they didn't even get a clock unless you asked for it. If you got an XH then you got a very basic car.

I'm not a 70 charger super guru.. but I thought there was some built with bench seats that didn't come with upper door panel pads.
I thought that was weird..
In 1970, there were three trim levels and the VIN reflected that.
The first 2 letters are the key.
XH was the base level. All had bench seats, column shift, no upper door pads. No taillight panel trim, much like a 1969 model.
XP was the "500" model. All bucket seats, center console, everything that you'd expect in terms of trim plus the aluminum taillight trim panel.
XS was the R/T model.

See? In 66 67 there was none of that ****. Everybody got tachs and 150 speedos and full vacuum formed door panels and v8s n ****.
The world went weird after 67.
Rant over.

While I do like the 1966-67 instrument cluster, the exterior styling was not appealing to me. 17,000 sold in 1967 tells me that the public felt the same way that I did, especially since the 1968 model sold 89,000 units.

How many units of Facebook or McDonald's sell daily..

Just kidding. I'm trying to kick sand in the wrong sandbox apparently.

You can get a retrosound radio so it looks like an original but has Bluetooth,USB and other options. They aren't exactly cheap but not too bad. Here is the link for it.

View attachment 1200322

I got one & I thought it sucked. Too many functions on a single roller wheel, reception sucked & every time you disconnected the battery, it lost all presets. I took it out and threw it in the trash.

See? In 66 67 there was none of that ****. Everybody got tachs and 150 speedos and full vacuum formed door panels and v8s n ****.
The world went weird after 67.
Rant over.

When I was younger a member from another forum had a 67 Charger with a 318 and I got to drive it. It was a nice car and the interior was nice. Overall it wasn't a bad car. I don't mind the styling of them but, prefer the 68-70 as my first choice though.

When I was younger a member from another forum had a 67 Charger with a 318 and I got to drive it. It was a nice car and the interior was nice. Overall it wasn't a bad car. I don't mind the styling of them but, prefer the 68-70 as my first choice though.
I helped a buddy finish up a restoration on a black 70 white guts last year. It's a stunner with all the bells and whistles, 600 horse 440 etc..
I like them too .

I helped a buddy finish up a restoration on a black 70 white guts last year. It's a stunner with all the bells and whistles, 600 horse 440 etc..
I like them too .
70s didn't use to get as much love as the 68 and 69 models because some didn't like the wrap around bumper but, as time has went on they've become more appreciated or about equal these days. Everyone has their own personal preference.

And rarer to boot.
Here's a pair of 68s I had in my shop.. tripping on them lol
Sorry about the pic of a pic, old phone
20211129_120808.jpg

I got one & I thought it sucked. Too many functions on a single roller wheel, reception sucked & every time you disconnected the battery, it lost all presets. I took it out and threw it in the trash.
Have one in the roadrunner works fine. Sounds fine and not that hard to navigate. Maybe its a seat user interface problem. :)

I'm partial to original...
0617212053.jpg

Interior and mechanical are 100% survivor with the exception of a dual exhaust, and standard maintenance parts like belts, shocks, hoses, etc. Exterior is "day 2 original" - it was built without vinyl, but it was added right after sale apparently judging by some paperwork I have, comparing the order sheet to the invoice, and the condition of the vinyl. Looks like an uphosltery shop job as the trim is fabricated, and the emblems are in the wrong place...but it's (in my mind, anyway) an "original" upgrade and I like it. The paint was redone at some point as well - it's a FL car, I can't find any bondo or replaced panels (they all have original color underneath and in the jambs), so my guess is paint fade. Drivers door jamb has about fifteen finger-smudges where they were trying to get the color right. They missed. It's "a" light green, but it ain't F4 green - much too blue, not enough gold in it. But I'm torn about putting another coat of paint on it...I love how "original" it is now (even with those stupid - but "period correct" - black rubstrips down the bodyline...), and plan to keep it that way, with only some minor upgrades/updates like LED dash lighting, HID headlights, possibly a disc brake upgrade. But even the disc brake upgrade is a debate, as I'd have to lose the 14" original wheels and full wheel covers.

I love mine for what it IS...and mainly because it's so close to mom's old car:

charger mom.jpeg

Hers was F8; mine's F4. But both are 318/factory a/c 500s, triple green. My cousin wrecked hers in '75, and when I found mine I had to have it.

And mom loves it!

0711211805b_HDR_2.jpg

I'm partial to original...
View attachment 1202923

Interior and mechanical are 100% survivor with the exception of a dual exhaust, and standard maintenance parts like belts, shocks, hoses, etc. Exterior is "day 2 original" - it was built without vinyl, but it was added right after sale apparently judging by some paperwork I have, comparing the order sheet to the invoice, and the condition of the vinyl. Looks like an uphosltery shop job as the trim is fabricated, and the emblems are in the wrong place...but it's (in my mind, anyway) an "original" upgrade and I like it. The paint was redone at some point as well - it's a FL car, I can't find any bondo or replaced panels (they all have original color underneath and in the jambs), so my guess is paint fade. Drivers door jamb has about fifteen finger-smudges where they were trying to get the color right. They missed. It's "a" light green, but it ain't F4 green - much too blue, not enough gold in it. But I'm torn about putting another coat of paint on it...I love how "original" it is now (even with those stupid - but "period correct" - black rubstrips down the bodyline...), and plan to keep it that way, with only some minor upgrades/updates like LED dash lighting, HID headlights, possibly a disc brake upgrade. But even the disc brake upgrade is a debate, as I'd have to lose the 14" original wheels and full wheel covers.

I love mine for what it IS...and mainly because it's so close to mom's old car:

View attachment 1202929

Hers was F8; mine's F4. But both are 318/factory a/c 500s, triple green. My cousin wrecked hers in '75, and when I found mine I had to have it.

And mom loves it!

View attachment 1202943

Thank you for sharing. Great story and nice Charger. Leave as is would be my opinion.

Auto Transport Service
Back