• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern handguns look more boring.

...A lot...hence the "someday" purchase. Base price is about $2800. All in all, for what is essentially a "custom" double-stack compact 1911? Not hateful. I don't have a dealer nearby but I did get hands on one at a gun show last month...yum. Stainless barrel and slide; aluminum frame; competition clearances; fluted, flared barrel; lightweight custom trigger... But I'd have to do something like gunbroker, and have it shipped to my local FFL. I wouldn't be able to order one and wait the better part of a year for it...I don't think...just depends if I find a setup I like (tritium front and rear sights; I like the reverse two-tone; I want a rail; I like the rounded heel option; I may want custom grips but can always add them after the fact).

Check out wilsoncombat.com to see some of their offerings. They are serious firearms - the one at the show was TIGHT, and balanced. Felt amazing in my hand. I want a 1911...but I can't afford something that will be "nice"...and a safe queen. I need EDC capability, especially for that kind of money. It has to serve a purpose. And it has to have capacity - single stack won't cut it for me, not as stupid as this world is right now. I hope I never have to draw in anger, but if I do...I want to know I'll get the job done.

I get it, Wilson combat is an awesome piece.
Saw a few for sale on Buds Guns, no deals but I like that they have a layaway.
Screenshot_20211214-090820_Chrome.jpg

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...wilson+combat+edcx9+1911+edc+x9+9mm+15+1+g10+

Here's another 1886 replica I had custom built by Turnbulls in 45-70.

IMG_4993.JPG

My old 1911, circa 1918 (frame) 45 Auto. Unfortunately rebuilt by Army Depot so sort of a jumbo of parts but still a cool gun.

IMG_3854_zpso6gyodeh.jpg

I have a few other relics: A WWII Russian Nagant revolver, a British Webley, my Grandfathers old 45 Colt SSA, M1 Carbine, and 1903 Springfield, a High Standard 22, a real nice circa 1920s S&W I frame 22. I think a lot of my pictures are in Photobucket jail.

I also have a Springfield XD .45ACP that I purchased back when they first came out. Ca when I and where I bought it, had mandated the 10 round mag which was OK but now that I am in free USA, I upgraded to the 13 round mag. I like its fit and feel and it is my side arm for my rig and chest armor carrier. I call it my Tactical weapon. I also have a Armscore RI 1911 that I love to shoot as well but the XD can do a lot more than the 1911 should the need arise. The XD is a combination of Polymer and Metal so it does have a little more weight to it than the total polymer offerings which I find very rugged. The composite polymer types just don't enthuse me as much...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

No glocks for me either. I want to know what species they built their grip angle for...probably the most UN-comfortable gun I've ever fired. But to each their own, I suppose.

I also have a Springfield XD .45ACP that I purchased back when they first came out. Ca when I and where I bought it, had mandated the 10 round mag which was OK but now that I am in free USA, I upgraded to the 13 round mag. I like its fit and feel and it is my side arm for my rig and chest armor carrier. I call it my Tactical weapon. I also have a Armscore RI 1911 that I love to shoot as well but the XD can do a lot more than the 1911 should the need arise. The XD is a combination of Polymer and Metal so it does have a little more weight to it than the total polymer offerings which I find very rugged. The composite polymer types just don't enthuse me as much...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I love my XD's. This one holds a "few" more than 10 rounds and is my favorite:
XDM (2).JPG

But the old school revolvers and lever lever guns have more character.
8930 (2).jpeg

1898 Marlin model 1893 30-30
4364 (2).jpeg

Jerry Miculek is the world's fastest revolver shooter.
But watch him shoot a modern 9mm, nothing boring about it.

Auto Transport Service
Back