• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Rear Seatbelts

supergluehero

Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
I was considering putting in a set of modern challenger seatbelts, but after watching a few videos, it appears that the retractors are orientation specific. If you install the retractor in an orientation that it wasn't meant to, the seatbelt thinks the car is on it's side or upside down and locks up. Has anyone had experience with this and is there a simple way to defeat that portion of the retractor without affecting it's ability to lock up when pulled quickly?

If anyone has pictures of how they installed their 3-point seatbelts in the rear, I'd be curious to see how you did it. I've got a few ideas, but I'm not sold on the design yet.

Most all factory specific belts have some sort of computer interaction. I would stay away from them and find some that are more basic.

you are right about the mounting angle. My Rover SD1, or 90 Sterling had no wiring, but out of the car I could tilt the assembly and it would lock, only unlock at the correct mounting angle. Hope this helps.
Sadly, i sold the C-210, and all my Rovers. Wish I had the '70 back!

Portland-20130414-00400.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back