• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modify existing sending unit with efi pump?

jeepthrills01

Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
Hell, you can buy the whole Spectra baffled EFI tank and pump for less than that from Rockauto

The only spectra pumps I have dealt with all came back to the shop on a wrecker, and usually within 90 days...kinda gun shy on the brand.
I very recently installed a new tank so not in a hurry to change it.

Edit: i just looked at their site...it only has a 60-78 gpm pump, and no listing on PSI. Thats only about 270 lpm. My understanding is that about 350lpm+ is needed for Sniper and Fitech systems ; plus 48-58 psi.
I am just in the beginning stages of researching this..so if someone knows more or better...please share your wealth of knowledge

Last edited:
Shouldn't be too hard to add an electric in pump unit. Big question is....does your tank have baffles to support the electric pump? Keeping them covered and in fuel keeps them alive.

Here is a complete setup tank, sender, fuel pump, filter and all the AN fittings you need to convert to EFI. 465 bucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2649684478...1291&msclkid=b7b134c83b991b9a01e856c47b6fe302

s-l1600.jpg

Even cheaper at Summit.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/clp-mo6870cfit-k/make/plymouth/model/road-runner/year/1969

Thats a pretty complete kit...but again...the Gph/Lph seem lower than required.

Has anyone used these tanks with Sniper or Fitech?

Thats a pretty complete kit...but again...the Gph/Lph seem lower than required.

Has anyone used these tanks with Sniper or Fitech?

The Holley Sniper supports up to 600 hp as well.

This is the CPP info.. I'm sure you already read that though.
  • Flow rate of up to 255 LPH
  • Cut-to-Fit installation
  • Supports up to 600HP
  • All metal components are yellow zinc-plated
  • 1/4" NPT supply and return line size
  • 40-100 PSI operating range
  • Heavy gauge mounting plate
  • Adjustable support arm

I have done this very thing that the OP asked. I used a fuel pump from an '06 Jeep SRT8 and added it to a new fuel pump sender in my '72RR. I used a short piece of hose to connect the pump to the fuel sender. I ordered the fuel sender with the return line installed. And then added a bulkhead fitting for the pump wiring. I also just used the OEM sock that was at a 90°. It is a lot to stuff through the OEM sender hole but it is possible. Not something you're going to do on the side of the road. If I have a half a tank or more and does just fine but when I get down to a quarter of a tank the sloshing is quite noticeable. Holley's hydromat would probably help a lot and bigger would be better but you still have to stuff it through the OEM hole.

My next move is to to fabricate or order a replacement fuel tank with baffles and a larger fuel sender hole because the service what is a major pain and does not work that effectively.

The nice thing about the Holley setup is no need for a return line

That is very true and it is much easier not running a return line, but I have run into a couple of instances where I got some odd pressure spikes that was fixed by a return line.

Return line dosent bother me at all. The sender that came with my "just installed " tank has a 3/8 feed and a 5/16 return built in.
I was hoping to reuse atleast the tank..lol. Seems that may be more trouble than its worth.

Does that CPP tank sender have the correct resistance or would an adapter be required?

Auto Transport Service
Back