• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moore dodged a bullet tonight

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Around 7 PM News9 Oklahoma was tracking a threatening thunderstorm west of Moore, Ok where I live. A funnel cloud was spotted wrapped in rain about 5 miles from my house. The tornado alarms sounded west of here. But, thankfully, no tornadoes or damage; just a good ling soaking rain.

Yep, its that time if year again.
Glad it missed you guys.
Few weeks ago one got pretty close toy daughters place.

In the last 2 weeks we have dodged the bullet twice on tornadoes. One was within a half mile of my house.
IMG_20220405_131510_01.jpg

Glad to see all 3 of you are safe. Didn't Moore Okla. get hit pretty hard a few years ago ?

It is truly heartbreaking to see tornadoes go through same areas time and time again. It must be horrible to see everything you have worked for destroyed. We don't have much bad weather where I live. Just the occasional heavy dump of snow or ice storm in the winter.

I am glad it missed yall. I was raised on Texoma and moved to OKC after high school. We had several close calls growing up. it may be getting worst now. Stay safe and know where the cellar is.

Around 7 PM News9 Oklahoma was tracking a threatening thunderstorm west of Moore, Ok where I live. A funnel cloud was spotted wrapped in rain about 5 miles from my house. The tornado alarms sounded west of here. But, thankfully, no tornadoes or damage; just a good ling soaking rain.

In other words, Moore got less.

We got a really, much needed, good couple of downpours.
We're supposed to get some rain and hope we do although the average for this time of year it right on the number, we got most of it early on and things are getting dry. Kinda weird being this close to the coast and be this dry but it happens.

We're supposed to get some rain and hope we do although the average for this time of year it right on the number, we got most of it early on and things are getting dry. Kinda weird being this close to the coast and be this dry but it happens.
Things are usually a lot greener in my neck of the woods this time of year. But we've had a dry winter and early spring.

BTW, local news channel showed a drought map of the US. I had no idea how bad it's been getting.

Auto Transport Service
Back