• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar 18 spline aluminum case 4 speed.

markymopar

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Can someone help me i.d. what this trans is? It is a 18 spline 4 speed with a 70 and newer cast iron tail shaft with both shifter locations. Case is an aluminum case that I was told could be a direct connection part. Has a ear broke but it is there. Any info and any estimated value?

20230723_092019.jpg

FB_IMG_1690135601471.jpg

20230723_092030.jpg

FB_IMG_1690135585348.jpg

Pull the side cover off and see gear condition, and if it is stock with synchros, or without, and a full race trans.

Pull the side cover off and see gear condition, and if it is stock with synchros, or without, and a full race trans.
I would except I am about 9 hours away. I M dealing on some cars and they have this as well. Trying to figure a price on the very little I know.

Well with a broken case and unknown condition 18 spline parts, and others may disagree, but I would only go $200. Really best to pull the side cover before buying. I've opened up a few over the years that I was offered, and everything was junk inside, and just scrapped most everything.

without seeing the internals I would consider it a core.

Auto Transport Service
Back