• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Action Oct 2021 article re: swapping b body sway bar links with those from a recent Pford pickup for improved handling.

skingjack

Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
These pford links are claimed to be strictly bolt on with no mods required for 66.5-69 B bodies and supposedly improve handling significantply.

Curious if anyone has attempted this swap and if an improvement in handling was actually noted.

Jack

BCF1FE9B-77A3-4244-A455-903E82C5ED7A.jpeg

Buddy of mine did it and highly recommends the swap. They aren't cheap but apparently worth every dime.

What issue is that in?

Premise is that link bushing in stock form are too squishy; Ma Mopar changed to links with ball joints in the 90s to reduce body roll. Apparently these pford links are supposedly complete bolt on for 66-69 b bodies.

Complete article from 10/21 attached- hopefully readable ( and not breaking any copyright laws- Admin please remove pics if you deem it does so). Note that the majority of the pics show the modifications necessary for other body styles/years (ebodies, 70+ b bodies). Cost from Rock auto was $27 CDN plus shipping).

Jack

6397A695-B913-4EA4-9C3A-7D26563EA058.jpeg

56CEA2F1-65B8-4698-8B95-CE5D9F879B32.jpeg

530C917F-F6EF-4A4B-A7BB-11D854E3A8C4.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. Very hard to read the article though, even on my giant office monitor. Too much reflection in the pictures of the magazine page. From what I could read it looks like they cut the center shaft between the joints, threaded it and used a long bolt to get the correct length then welded it all together to add strength?

I have a 72' B-body so I believe I would need to modify the length. I'm ordering a set now.

I installed them several months ago on my 1968 Charger, and definitely feel the difference. Definitely less body role when cornering.

I installed them several months ago on my 1968 Charger, and definitely feel the difference. Definitely less body role when cornering.
I been thinking of getting a larger front sway bar for my 68 roadrunner. think these with the OE bar will be a noticeable improvement ?

Anyone got a pic of the fomoco part?

I have an aftermarket front bar on a car built without a bar.
The aftermarket links are just "plain".

Interesting.

And the junkyard would charge you $20 for the pair of $6 ones anyway !!

Auto Transport Service
Back