• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Battery Covers

YEARONE

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Now back In Stock Red, Yellow, and Red cap Mopar Battery covers. For B Bodies Only member use sales code FORB30 at checkout for a special discount.

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/chrysler.b.body/electrical/battery/covers-_-post-extensions
mbc24.3.PNG

Pardon my ignorance Wayne, what does 27 series refer to?

way to go Y-O

Is there any way to know what color caps your car came with ? or could they have come with any color ?
I am not sure but will do some research and get back.

Is there any way to know what color caps your car came with ? or could they have come with any color ?

If you want factory number/color

Your Broadcast Sheet if you have it

For instance my 71 Bee with 383 came from the factory with the optional group 27 battery / 70 amps / red caps based on broadcast sheet

Sales code F25 - $14.80 on window sticker

1971 BROADCAST SHEET - Line 3

Line3Box9.jpg
Batteries:
The two digits are the last two digits of the factory part number of the battery installed:

20 = 59 amp
51 = 46 amp
64 = 70 amp
66 = 55 amp
67 = 70 amp
69 = 70 amp
81 = 80 amp

Last edited:
That is a good idea. Just pick up a normal flat top battery and doll her up.
Wonder what a real one worth? Must be a few hundred at least.

hey guys, just curious ... how do these battery covers attach to the battery? what type of battery works with these covers.... I would need a group 27 also...Rich

hey guys, just curious ... how do these battery covers attach to the battery? what type of battery works with these covers.... I would need a group 27 also...Rich
Group 24 battery. They sit on top of the battery and are held into place with the battery strap.

They are for Group 24 batteries and are held on with the battery strap.

Useing the measurements would be a good idea.

From the adds description...

Topper Inside Measurements are as follows:

10-5/16" x 6-7/8" x 5/8"
Post Center to Center is 8-3/16"

Auto Transport Service
Back