• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar city won't be down for breakfast

Value would depend heavily on inventory, I'd think? No idea...

I have no inside info, but if the inventory was still interesting or the prices realistic wouldn't Stephens have bought him out years ago?

I suspect that the land is accounting for a good chunk of that asking price if they're including the land in the sale. I haven't been out there in a number of years, but, they used to have a lot of good inventory, that may have, and probably did, change since the last time I was there. Back in the late 80's early 90's their prices were reasonable, at some point that changed and their prices got pretty steep.

It's a shame to lose another junkyard, hopefully, something can be worked out to keep the parts on the market, and accessible, to those that need them. Then again I think they've had the place for sale for a few years and it's still not sold, so, they may not be really serious about selling, and they're just fishing.

Used parts sellers have a habit of asking top end prices. In the end they'll probably crush it all rather than sell the inventory at wholesale so a new guy could carry on the business. It's just something I've noticed over the years in similar situations.

sadly enough, the guys who loved these cars are getting old. The new gen mostly have little to no interest in them. To them a car is just a car.

sadly enough, the guys who loved these cars are getting old. The new gen mostly have little to no interest in them. To them a car is just a car.
There’s hope.
I finally drove my 71 SE Charger down to the local gas station (have owned it for 4 years getting it road worthy)…

When a pickup slowly pulled up next to me while I was filling up the tank. A kid(probably early teen.. jr high etc) had his head stuck out the window just staring at the car. His mom was smiling in the driver seat. Eventually he said “that’s so sick”. I was surprised that a young kid would get a kick out of the car. His mom was giggling from his reaction.
I replied to the kid “thanks! I’ve been working on it for a few years and just got it on the road”. He replied with a very thoughtful response “yah, but you’ll get er right.”

I filled the tank up and proceeded to start the engine … louder then heck, I goosed it a bit. The kid was still hanging his head out the window just staring at the car.

I think the bullet lug nuts caught his attention(not present in 1st pic)… or the lime green paint

452E62F8-2D8D-420C-A403-0BD02D66EBD4.jpeg

9FD2444A-7CFD-4C61-BC45-B2CD8B20554C.jpeg

Last edited:
My friend considered possibly buying this,and wanted me to take a month off from work and go there and inventory the place and give him a real world value of all the cars and parts on the property. After we discussed the pros and cons,we decided that because the cars are rustbelt cars,it would not be worth the investment,and possible EPA/city zoning grief! At our age we wouldn't live to see any profit from the investment!

that slays me,wants 2m doesnt show a single closeup picture of any rare cars,much less complete ones.
i can also see why he thinks hes got 2 mill,at those prices hes asking...!
did yall scope his ebay shop?

In the ebay ad he states parts value at $85k so his 14 acres with bldgs and equipment is priced at $1.2mil

Auto Transport Service
Back