• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Day - St. Thomas Dragway - T/As and AARs

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday - Sat. Sept. 19, 2020 at St. Thomas Dragway - Ontario Canada

T/As and AARs out in abundance. Crappy cell phone photos again (sorry).

Some of you may know Dave Wheeler. He's posing with his T/A in the third photo. Dave has owned that car since 1977. He bought it in pieces from a guy who planned to turn it into a stock car. I guess these days you would say that Dave "rescued" it. Dave owns a real deal 1970 6 Barrel Plymouth Fury. Now those who are into that sort of thing probably know how many 6 bbl Furys Mother Mopar popped out but I bet it wasn't very many.

That's me, looking like Leon Russell, in the fourth photo, beside Stan Giles (Stanton on this forum) and Bill Veens (some old timers from Ontario will remember Bill). Those are Dave Wheeler's fingers in the top left of the photo.Maybe you CSI types can get his fingerprints off them.

I will post photos another day of the "Gangreen" Duster with a 426 Max Wedge that we (Stan, Bill and me) raced back in the day (it was Bill's car).

Question: below we have a purple Cuda next to a purple Challenger. Which do you like better?

TA7.jpg
TA1.jpg
TA2.jpg
TA3.jpg
TA6.jpg
TA4.jpg
TA5.jpg

Yesterday - Sat. Sept. 19, 2020 at St. Thomas Dragway - Ontario Canada

T/As and AARs out in abundance. Crappy cell phone photos again (sorry).

Some of you may know Dave Wheeler. He's posing with his T/A in the third photo. Dave has owned that car since 1977. He bought it in pieces from a guy who planned to turn it into a stock car. I guess these days you would say that Dave "rescued" it. Dave owns a real deal 1970 6 Barrel Plymouth Fury. Now those who are into that sort of thing probably know how many 6 bbl Furys Mother Mopar popped out but I bet it wasn't very many.

That's me, looking like Leon Russell, in the fourth photo, beside Stan Giles (Stanton on this forum) and Bill Veens (some old timers from Ontario will remember Bill). Those are Dave Wheeler's fingers in the top left of the photo.Maybe you CSI types can get his fingerprints off them.

I will post photos another day of the "Gangreen" Duster with a 426 Max Wedge that we (Stan, Bill and me) raced back in the day (it was Bill's car).

Question: below we have a purple Cuda next to a purple Challenger. Which do you like better?

View attachment 1004477 View attachment 1004478 View attachment 1004479 View attachment 1004480 View attachment 1004481 View attachment 1004482 View attachment 1004483
:thankyou: for sharing

Hands Down 1st the AAR `cuda :usflag:

the gold & green ones are no slouches either

the T/A Challenger would be my 2nd pick in E-bodies

I remember that silver AAR with the American 'Daisy' mags from when I was over at Mopar day in 91! Always wondered if it was the original colour.

I just found out about this show today. I would have gone if I'd known sooner.

I just found out about this show today. I would have gone if I'd known sooner.

I did post it in upcoming events, although this year I understand why people may not look at that section very often. Next year then. This event is normally in June. You can also look at the Strip's calendar. Hope to see you in 2021.

Auto Transport Service
Back