• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar girl trying to teach herself (new to forums)

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the welcoming! I wasn't expecting so many to respond and so quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, she sure does! Unfortunately, not the original one. The previous owner said he'd hold on to it for me, so once I have a place for it and a truck to transport it I'm going to go get it!

- - - Updated - - -

I would post more pics, but I'm doing this all from my phone and it's so hard to upload them. I'm in the south bay area!

Aw! you guys are awesome! I didn't expect such a welcoming! I'm not entirely sure if I'm replying correctly, but I tried to reply to some of your comments and I'm not sure if they've gone through. Perhaps it's because I'm using my cellphone? Thanks again for all the support!

Welcome to FBBO Kimmie, from the NorCal foothills

good luck with your projects feel free to ask questions,
try the General discussion forum too

Happy Moparing

Hello Kimmie, If I may ask ...what part of the South Bay are you from, if we're talking SoCal...I was born and raised in Redondo Bch...BTW glad to see another 4door in the ranks...:hello2:

Hello Kimmie, If I may ask ...what part of the South Bay are you from,:

The only south bay I know surely isn't in the south, it's more like south of S.F. in the bay area.

Hey, Howyadoin? Welcome from another left coaster in the N.E. bay area.

Welcome Kimmie!

As already stated, there is LOTS of good knowledge here and some of the best and most helpful people around. We love our pictures here too, so we'd love to see more of your car too. We love them all, in all conditions, both rare and common.

With anything you are working on, just ask away. Pictures of any specific area may help too. Note that the forum has lots of sections for various types of questions. There is also a search function to find old posts too. Poke around and you will find a lot.

Again, welcome!

Thankw for the welcoming! I was wondering how a page like this would accept my car in the condition it's in. I mean, it's pretty straight and the drive train is pretty solid, but there are some ratty parts about it as well. Like, the surface rust, dented passenger doors, missing trim from that side, no valence, dented bumper, aaaaand I guess that's it. Haha she's my daily so I do the best I can with what I have. Plus I love her imperfections. Makes her mine!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the site,there's lots of help here.
By the way nice car.I actually just bought a 73 d100 a week ago there cool old truck s
Got anymore pictures.Here's my d100 I call it the general D
View attachment 288094

Wow! I live your truck!!! I also drove a 75 too. It was just the motor donor for my 73. Those trucks are tough! I miss mine everyday! I wish i had Internet for my computer so I could post pictures. it just wony work with my phone. . . But I will asap!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Kimmie, If I may ask ...what part of the South Bay are you from, if we're talking SoCal...I was born and raised in Redondo Bch...BTW glad to see another 4door in the ranks...:hello2:

Oh nice! I don't really have a hometown, but I like to say I grew up in Carson and that's where I'm staying now. You know, where the filmed most of gone in 60 seconds (thee original of course). ;) Redondo's right next door! And yes I always represent for the 4doors!!

- - - Updated - - -

The only south bay I know surely isn't in the south, it's more like south of S.F. in the bay area.

Hey, Howyadoin? Welcome from another left coaster in the N.E. bay area.

Aw yes, I guess I should've been more clear. Haha

I'm from the "south bay" of SoCal... Carson to be exact.

Thank you for the welcoming!

Hi Kimmie!
Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!

Cool car!
Great story.

I'm here at Edwards AFB, So Cal-ish (Mojave Desert)
Anything I can help you with, just PM me!
mark

Welcome to the family CoraBora71.

It doesn't matter which Mopar you drive or the condition. It's the fact that you're interested in the old car hobby that makes the journey fun.

You won't find a more knowledgeable or willing to help group on the net.

Enjoy the ride
Ron

Geography lesson for us easterners.
I looked on the map to see where Carson was and what the confusion was.
So people in LA would refer to the Long Beach area as "south bay"?
Is that area of water considered a "bay" then by people in so Cal? It looks somewhat sheltered.
Remember that to me, LA is Lower Alabama.

Geography lesson for us easterners.
I looked on the map to see where Carson was and what the confusion was.
So people in LA would refer to the Long Beach area as "south bay"?
Is that area of water considered a "bay" then by people in so Cal? It looks somewhat sheltered.
Remember that to me, LA is Lower Alabama.

I grew up up GA...in SoCal for over a decade now.

"South Bay" is north of Long Beach. The "Beach Cities" (Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach), Torrance, the Palos Verdes Peninsula, all neighborhoods of the City of Los Angeles are "South Bay"

It is common for areas to be called something and not actually named that and some have signs with the names ....like "Valley Village" which is considered part of Van Nuys with an LA ZIP code :-D

Carson is in the area that was not yet built up back in the 70's...........where the original Gone in 60 Seconds was partly filmed and we see the Mayor (Yamamoto) in the scene. Now days is it just as packed as everywhere else.

Right on! ☝

Sorry for the confusion. I guess I should have said Carson, Ca... such a small city I figured South bay was a better way to give you guys an idea of where i was at... i guess LA wouldve worked too, but then again not really. Lol

Anyway, that's one of the reason I choose to tell people Carson is my hometown... because Gone in 60 Seconds of course!! Always cool to cruise the streets of the south bay aaaaand long beach in my Coronet and just try and imagine myself back in the 70s in a scene from the movie. Haha

Speaking of movies... Cora is in a short film directed by David Schendel who did "Yank Tanks." It's called Dead Ink Archive and should be out early next year sometime!!

Welcome to the site,there's lots of help here.
By the way nice car.I actually just bought a 73 d100 a week ago there cool old truck s
Got anymore pictures.Here's my d100 I call it the general D
View attachment 288094

Man!!!! That really makes me miss my dusty ole trucks. :-(

20120715_134235.jpg

Right on! ☝

Sorry for the confusion. I guess I should have said Carson, Ca... such a small city I figured South bay was a better way to give you guys an idea of where i was at... i guess LA wouldve worked too, but then again not really. Lol

Anyway, that's one of the reason I choose to tell people Carson is my hometown... because Gone in 60 Seconds of course!! Always cool to cruise the streets of the south bay aaaaand long beach in my Coronet and just try and imagine myself back in the 70s in a scene from the movie. Haha

Speaking of movies... Cora is in a short film directed by David Schendel who did "Yank Tanks." It's called Dead Ink Archive and should be out early next year sometime!!

Sonny says............Let's have a sneak-preview....featuring you!
mopar babe has to be hot. also, is it in english?:wave3:

Auto Transport Service
Back