• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mopar hoarder ??

When I buy a car I have every intension to restore it. I can picture every car I own restored to my liking,and I can envision every one of the finished. But at 55 years old,and having an average income,I had to face reality that 28 project cars weren't going to get restored in what time I have left. I am left with no choice but to downsize and try to get my favorite ones done enough to enjoy them! I'm down to 21! True confessions of a Mopar horder! Signed Mopioid addict!

"Who dies with the most toys wins" syndrome. Or they saved them from accidents/crusher. If I had the money and space would've done it. Friend had 383 Challenger vert sold to a kid in the 80's few months kid wrecked it.
Nothing's won with that syndrome, good for you @chargervert, you came to realize that is more important to enjoy the restoration / car then stock and a bunch of cars that you're never gonna use/ restore, IMHO life is too short to waste it in dreams of cars that you're never gonna use, enjoy this wonderful hobby one car at a time, this is too expensive enough to pin point it between projects, IMHO of course.

When I buy a car I have every intension to restore it. I can picture every car I own restored to my liking,and I can envision every one of the finished. But at 55 years old,and having an average income,I had to face reality that 28 project cars weren't going to get restored in what time I have left. I am left with no choice but to downsize and try to get my favorite ones done enough to enjoy them! I'm down to 21! True confessions of a Mopar horder! Signed Mopioid addict!
You posted you bought some/many of those cars decades ago, when they sold cheaper
In my estimation you most likely saved them from being crushed, wrecked, rusted into the ground. So being of average means you could sell off what you dont want to finance what you want to restore. Im sure you will make considerable amount of money on what you part with.
Smart move and good for you.

I never understand why people hoard cars, they are built for a purpose l to be driven.
I hope you don't become one of them.:lol:
The coyote collection has a lot of attention from the collectors, some of the car are nice other not so much, the mopar are the coolest one but others are quite interesting.

Btw good morning Justin and Ulli, hope you have a great Sunday and a hearty breakfast .:thumbsup:
And the same to you Leon!! I have a friend in the southern part of Missouri who started collecting mopars 30 years ago. He has more mopar cars and engines than you can ever imagine. Why did he buy and save all this stuff? He's making a killing now just selling cars for vin numbers alone of rare optioned cars. There's no way all of his stuff could fit in a building, not practical. His engines and loose stuff is though. Instant 401k!!

you might not agree with what im about to say but...
imo,imo <<<<<<<
the market has been getting soft for our cars,as well as the rest of that era.
i dotn see that trend reversing either,
as the younger crowd moves away from musclecars and into tuneable econobox pocket rockets.

i have seen more deals this summer than in many years previous as far as Good cars and Good projects for sale,mainly because not many have the Time nor money to finish their projects.
if it was me,that had the Horde you have @ chargervert,
id sell off as many as possible asap,and then buy some done cars to enjoy.
take the stress off > whats next and how to accomplish so many builds > right out of the equation.
just a thought.

....AND the award for the angry, bitter old guy most likely to say GET OFF MY LAWN goes to.........
giphy.gif

Last week I went to the "Opening day" of a new wrecking yard in Rancho Cordova......AS I turned to walk down the Mopar aisle, GUESS WHO was standing there next to a '66 Valiant??
Mr Personality, the Snipe Hunter, swingin, single guy!
He didn't speak a word to me.

Whatever happened to the hoarder guy?

Auto Transport Service
Back