• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar only show participants

CTMopar

Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else annoyed when you go to a supposed Mopar meet/show and there is a non-mopar section. I am not talking about AMC that's a gray area for another conversation. I don't want to see Fords GMs or imports at a mopar event. I would not take my Satellite or Challenger and show up at a Ford or Chevy meet, they dont want to see it there I'm sure. I went to a "mopar show" last week and got to see a Mustang an Impala, chevy pick ups a vega a porshe a Skylark and many other cars that I didn't want to see on this day including a 2011 Camaro (in case I didn't pass a Chevy dealer on the way I guess). When people in these cars show up why cant they politely be turned away just as you are when you show up in your 74 RR to a show that has a 1972 cut off?

I think I went to the same show that your talking about. It was advertised as a "all Mopar" show at a Dodge dealership no less and here come the Mustangs,a 55 Chevy,etc,etc,etc pulling in. Don't get me wrong,I love ALL classic cars but I agree with you that they have no place at a "Mopar" show. I'm also on the same page with ya that I wouldn't take my Coronet or my Dart to a all Ford or Chevy show,I just wouldn't do it. There are plenty of shows out there that are for all makes to show up at one stated for a certain brand. Just my 2 cents.

"all mopar " shows are great...
we all speak the same language!
likes and dislikes are so similar..........:happy7:

did I say "and NO camaros?":icon_confused:

no way

thats all those pukes do is talk crap about MOPARS. And then they show up at a all mopar show...are ya kidding me....C'mon man.
MOPAR PERFORMANCE...THE COMPETITOR SWEARS BY IT....BUT THE COMPETITION SWEARS AT IT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Went to a Mopar show in Texas with restrictions. If you had a Mopar with a non-Mopar engine, you couldn't open the hood. Guy showed up with a 37 Dodge pickup that had been fully rodded, complete with a 350/350 Chevy combo with so much chrome and polish on it you needed sunglasses. He was pissed when told to shut the hood and wouldn't do it. He was told to shut it or get the f..k out. He got even more pissed when the judges took points off for a non-Mopar engine! In a Mopar show, the only place for non-mopars (no matter how nice) is the SPECTATOR PARKING LOT!!!!!.

Went to a Mopar show in Texas with restrictions. If you had a Mopar with a non-Mopar engine, you couldn't open the hood. Guy showed up with a 37 Dodge pickup that had been fully rodded, complete with a 350/350 Chevy combo with so much chrome and polish on it you needed sunglasses. He was pissed when told to shut the hood and wouldn't do it. He was told to shut it or get the f..k out. He got even more pissed when the judges took points off for a non-Mopar engine! In a Mopar show, the only place for non-mopars (no matter how nice) is the SPECTATOR PARKING LOT!!!!!.

I like it

There is one "Mopar" show in this area that has a class for "other brands". The others do not allow them in. I tell you what though, I would rather see other " X brand" classics that a bunch of modern cars, especially when they are judged along with the classics. That one really gets me. I like looking at the new Challengers, Vipers and Chargers - to some extent at a show, but lets face it if I want to see a new Challenger I can go to a dealer.
I just hate shows where they award a new Mustang, Camaro or Challenger Best ____ when there are all sorts of nice old classics there that people have invested thousands of hours in to restore. We have one guy around here that has a newer Mustang - 6 cylinder!! It has every possible aftermarket stick on fancy chrome thing imaginable on it and he wins a lot of Best of Shows with it.. That makes me sick to see that crap. (Sorry for the diversion)

There is one "Mopar" show in this area that has a class for "other brands". The others do not allow them in. I tell you what though, I would rather see other " X brand" classics that a bunch of modern cars, especially when they are judged along with the classics. That one really gets me. I like looking at the new Challengers, Vipers and Chargers - to some extent at a show, but lets face it if I want to see a new Challenger I can go to a dealer.
I just hate shows where they award a new Mustang, Camaro or Challenger Best ____ when there are all sorts of nice old classics there that people have invested thousands of hours in to restore. We have one guy around here that has a newer Mustang - 6 cylinder!! It has every possible aftermarket stick on fancy chrome thing imaginable on it and he wins a lot of Best of Shows with it.. That makes me sick to see that crap. (Sorry for the diversion)

X2 On that one....... the Fremont show had 2 groups of A charger and challenger club peeps and they all walked away with a **** load of trophy's....and for what? a cold air intake and a throttle body change? WTF?

I think I would rather see classic furds and rat rods before those new cars seems lame to me. They should do their own show and probably do with out inviting classic guys and gals!. But hey when a club needs money and sponsors, all are invited so unless you are paying for the show I guess you just don't go or you start a torch riot and chase them out like witches! lmao :happy7: :upside down:

Is it just me or is anyone else annoyed when you go to a supposed Mopar meet/show and there is a non-mopar section. I am not talking about AMC that's a gray area for another conversation. I don't want to see Fords GMs or imports at a mopar event. I would not take my Satellite or Challenger and show up at a Ford or Chevy meet, they dont want to see it there I'm sure. I went to a "mopar show" last week and got to see a Mustang an Impala, chevy pick ups a vega a porshe a Skylark and many other cars that I didn't want to see on this day including a 2011 Camaro (in case I didn't pass a Chevy dealer on the way I guess). When people in these cars show up why cant they politely be turned away just as you are when you show up in your 74 RR to a show that has a 1972 cut off?

We thank you for coming out to our show. What a great day we had! 142 Cars total, 12 of them were non Mopars, in a Non mopar class, that was advertised on the show flyer.

We open our shows to non-mopars for one reason, we are very rich in mopar heritage and love to share this with all car enthusiasts. We have converted many non mopar owners into new and vintage mopar owners.

We apprecriate your feedback. But it would of been nice to hear this the day of the show or you could have called for an explaination. Hope you make it out to our next show on Spetember 16th at Artioli Dodge in Enfield CT and our last show at Executive Dodge Oct 7 in Wallingford, CT. Our club is Mopars In Motion we have a website, news letter and most important are over 300 members strong. TY Ralph Barbagallo President.

guys i beleive in a mopar show, but, if the other wern't there the kids wouldn't know what we stomped on.

We thank you for coming out to our show. What a great day we had! 142 Cars total, 12 of them were non Mopars, in a Non mopar class, that was advertised on the show flyer.

We open our shows to non-mopars for one reason, we are very rich in mopar heritage and love to share this with all car enthusiasts. We have converted many non mopar owners into new and vintage mopar owners.

We apprecriate your feedback. But it would of been nice to hear this the day of the show or you could have called for an explaination. Hope you make it out to our next show on Spetember 16th at Artioli Dodge in Enfield CT and our last show at Executive Dodge Oct 7 in Wallingford, CT. Our club is Mopars In Motion we have a website, news letter and most important are over 300 members strong. TY Ralph Barbagallo President.

I have been to many of your shows and am sure I will atttend them in the future. I am not alone in my opinion on this issue though, there was a lot of talk at the Cholchester show. Later in the day it increased as the mopars were parked on the other side of the entrance while the vaga, skylark and such parked in the main lot next to the E-Bodys. As a matter of fact this (Cholchester non-mopars) was still being discussed at the Chrysler Convention show in Vernon. There were several X-Brand cars that showed up in Vernon also, the difference being that they were politely denied entry. These people who were told it was a mopar only show parked across the street and walked over and enjoyed the show. Like I said before if you want to be open to everyone just don't call it a mopar show, call it a car show sponsered by MIM.

I am not alone in my opinion on this issue though, there was a lot of talk at the Cholchester show. Later in the day it increased as the mopars were parked on the other side of the entrance while the vaga, skylark and such parked in the main lot next to the E-Bodys. As a matter of fact this (Cholchester non-mopars) was still being discussed at the Chrysler Convention show in Vernon. Like I said before if you want to be open to everyone just don't call it a mopar show, call it a car show sponsered by MIM.

Thank you for your opinion. Are you a member of MIM? If so, your voice, opinions and ideas should of been heard at our meeting immediately following the Colchester Show. Our meetings are open to all members. If any show go-ers at the Vernon show (non MIM show) had concerns regarding a MIM show they can always join MIM attend our meeting and voice there ideas, concerns or opinions. If the MIM members see the advantage in changing our show model then the club members will.

Remember the current show model has been very successful and was voted on by the Members of our club. Our flyer does state we have a non Mopar class.

Again TY and if you’re a member I invite you to voice your opinion, ideas and concerns at our next meeting following the Executive Show in Enfield, CT Oct 7 2012. Ralph Barbagallo President

I have been to many of your shows and am sure I will atttend them in the future. I am not alone in my opinion on this issue though, there was a lot of talk at the Cholchester show. Later in the day it increased as the mopars were parked on the other side of the entrance while the vaga, skylark and such parked in the main lot next to the E-Bodys. As a matter of fact this (Cholchester non-mopars) was still being discussed at the Chrysler Convention show in Vernon. There were several X-Brand cars that showed up in Vernon also, the difference being that they were politely denied entry. These people who were told it was a mopar only show parked across the street and walked over and enjoyed the show. Like I said before if you want to be open to everyone just don't call it a mopar show, call it a car show sponsered by MIM.

I was at both of those shows also. I agree, at the Colchester show it was kind of messed up when they were parking sweet looking "B" bodies over on the other side of the entrance and parking all those non Mopar cars in the main parking area next to the "E" bodies. I also heard alot of "what the f#*K " comments. The Chrysler Convention Show in Vernon was awesome!!! They had enough room to fit a hundred more cars in their show but they had the other brands park elsewhere!:headbang:

I was at both of those shows also. I agree, at the Colchester show it was kind of messed up when they were parking sweet looking "B" bodies over on the other side of the entrance and parking all those non Mopar cars in the main parking area next to the "E" bodies. I also heard alot of "what the f#*K " comments. The Chrysler Convention Show in Vernon was awesome!!! They had enough room to fit a hundred more cars in their show but they had the other brands park elsewhere!:headbang:

The reason for parking the B-Bodies to left of the original B-Body class was to keep the class close together.

Those cars all showed up after 12PM when the show was full. This was done to keep them close to the original B-Body class on the right (IMO Great Idea).

After 1PM when ballets were being counted we took all free spots and filled the holes with all class cars. Both decisions were great the show field look awesome!!!!! I hope we have the same problem next year:headbang:

For our 2013 Colchester show we are going to open up the field up by the tent. We will be able to fit over 250 show cars. Ralph Barbagallo President.

My68coronetR/T what car did you bring to the show?

This is all starting to sound like witch craft! burn the witches! You are not of the body, you will be absorbed, it is the will of Landru.

We (MIM Officers and Members) enjoy the shows and all that goes into making them succesful. Our club works very hard to bring out the Mopar Heritage to ALL car enthusiasts. We enjoy holding these shows every month thru out the season (5 Shows a Year Plus additional activities and events) We love MOPARS!!!

We love to hear what people think of our events and also are open to ideas.

Ralph Barbagallo President

The reason for parking the B-Bodies to left of the original B-Body class was to keep the class close together.

Those cars all showed up after 12PM when the show was full. This was done to keep them close to the original B-Body class on the right (IMO Great Idea).

After 1PM when ballets were being counted we took all free spots and filled the holes with all class cars. Both decisions were great the show field look awesome!!!!! I hope we have the same problem next year:headbang:

For our 2013 Colchester show we are going to open up the field up by the tent. We will be able to fit over 250 show cars. Ralph Barbagallo President.

My68coronetR/T what car did you bring to the show?

I didn't bring any of my cars cause I've got a broken arm an torn rotator cuff and can't drive anything right now. But if not for that I would have taken my '65 Dart,2dr Sedan (my daily driver all year long). My R/T is stripped down and mounted on a rotissreie in my garage right now. Probabaly won't get to work on that till long after my surgury date(Sept. 5th) I went to the show with a friend in his '68 440 Barracuda. I'll continue to go to MIM shows (have for years), I enjoy looking at all the Mopars. Just commented on this post 'cause that was some of the stuff I heard while I was walking around. Which car was yours?

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 260
Auto Transport Service
Back