• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Performance P5153524 "452" Aluminum Heads

ykf7b0

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I have been looking at aluminum heads for my big block 440 for a long time now. I was dead set on a pair of 440Source Stealths then I thought it was going to be the Edelbrock E Street 5090 75cc heads, but as of now I'm giving the MP P5153524 "452's" a serious look. I understand these are basically Eddy RPM's with straight plug holes. Before I pull the trigger on a set I would like to get some input from those of you that have a set of these aluminum 452's on their engines.

My question would be why run them and pay more then the Eddy RPM or 440Source Stealth heads. To my knowledge they are just Eddy RPM heads with a straight plug. But they cost more then most other heads that are the same. I would love to buy more from Mopar but why should I when I can get parts cheaper elsewhere. But honestly as far as I know they are the same as Eddy RPM heads. Yes they will work good but the RPM heads are just as good for less money. We have the RPM heads on my sons 400 with CPPA headers which are just like TTI and the angled plug actually helps the pug wires fit better with more room. Ron

Dang. I thought the price I saw was for two heads but I now see it was the price of one. You are right, my mistake. I will no longer be looking at the MP P5153524 "452's". ...........unless someone has a pair of used ones for a low price.

The EDE RPM heads are OK. You still need to have them checked by a competent race machinist. Valve job & springs still seem like an issue. Angle plugs & chamber shape are pretty good. Although I went with Indy EZ -1 on my new motor.

Don't know what your budget is but if it's flexible take a look at the Trickflows 240 about $2k pr... Probably the best head out there under $2500.
If I hadn't gotten a great deal on my RPMs I would have saved my nickels to get these.

Yes, the pictures & flow numbers I've seen on the Trick Flows look good. My builder didn't have enough info or confidence in what they'd be like. He is an Indy head guy. My Indy EZ-1 seem like there's a bunch more potential if I want to try to use it. But I'm thinking I don't need more power.

My budget is tight (440Source Stealth) but I've read so much positive feedback for the Eddy's I'm leaning that way but I'm needing the 75 cc E Street's to avoid milling 40 or 50 thousandths off the RPM's.

the mopar straight plug heads will work with cast iron exhaust manifolds. dwayne porter has advertised some new alum heads that he's set-up for around $1500 a pair. think that's who i'd talk too.

Does he have a website? Thanks!

If you are going to spend some money, the Indy EZ heads seem pretty darn good. My EDE RPM heads were pretty good too. My friends with the 440 Source heads have had problems. That may have been solved by now. Any aftermarket head still needs to have a real race machinist check it out and verify the valve job etc. Don't trust anything out of the box.

I just found out the Eddy RPM's 60829 are available in 75cc. Is this a very recent offering from Edelbrock or have I just missed them for a long time?

from what info i have; the 75cc chambers don't flow as good as the 84cc chambers due to valve shrouding. my thoughts are; you give $1600-$1700 for a set of rpms and then have to spend several hundred more dollars to straighten them out, the Marsh performance side winders or Porters heads start looking attractive for the money spent. i have a set of rpms on one of my engines and the the castings were pretty crummy. i should have sent them out but after spending $1600+ and other expenses i was out of $$$. i guess one has to pick their poison on this but i wish i had made a little better decision.

You cant go wrong calling Dwayne Porter. He is also an Indy dealer as I bought my Indy EZ heads from him for a very good price. He checked them over and did a little mild porting. He is a very nice guy to talk to and deal with and he knows his stuff. Ron

Does he have a website with a listing of what he has? I have not found it if exists.

Auto Transport Service
Back