• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mopar performance valve covers

justjim

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
i have a set of new mopar performance valve covers and i need to know what size hole to drill for the pvc valve

7DAD6397-FC92-4607-84A2-135A4E6A3684.jpeg

i don’t have one as of now
You need to get the correct one before you start drilling. Al the aluminum covers I ever owned had knock outs. But that was back in the 70's. They might be different now.

You need to get the correct one before you start drilling. Al the aluminum covers I ever owned had knock outs. But that was back in the 70's. They might be different now.
i will go to a parts store and hopefully they will have one with a grommet and pvc valve kit ?

C4C71DB2-D377-4E78-9B8B-96918DE1A647.jpeg

i measured a factory valve cover and it was 15/16". push in breathers use a larger grommet.

i went thru some of my grommets and there are different options for pcv's and breathers. the 15/16" is for using the factory grommet. there's an aftermarket grommet that fits a 1.18" hole that will accommodate a push in breather and another 1.18" that will fit a gm pcv. the aftermarkets have a smaller o.d. and wider groove for alum covers. i use the aftermarket with a push in breather and gm pcv on one of my cars and it works good.

They screw in the hole for the cap. Scroll to the last pic.
They're made for MP covers so you dont need to modify the covers OOTB.

They screw in the hole for the cap. Scroll to the last pic.
They're made for MP covers so you dont need to modify the covers OOTB.
Interesting. I'm not a fan of the look but personal choice there. The knockouts are exactly that. You can pop them out with the ball end of a ball peen hammer.

Auto Transport Service
Back